Love The Way You Lie (YFM)

*R for language and angst*
Peeta's POV

Everything was fine. I swear. But then I got in a fight with Gale again. Katniss and I have only married a week. A week and I've already managed to screw things up. Gale and I were in the woods for 'Bonding Time' which was forced by Katniss. He brought up Prim and I just snapped. Katniss may have forgiven him but I haven't. I got close to Prim when Katniss and I got back from the first games. She was like a sister to me. Still is actually. "Gale, I suggest you keep your mouth shut" I say balling my hands into fist. Images that I know aren't true flash through my head. "Why? It's not like you knew her" he says arrogantly. My vision becomes cloudy. I can feel the hacking taking over and I can't do a damn thing. I punch him. "What the hell?!" he yells. "Don't talk like that about her" I hiss. "I knew her just as much as you did if not more" I manage to say before he tries to hit me. I easily dodge him. He tries again but I grab his arm. "You betrayed her. Both you and Katniss killed her. You mutts are all the same"

Gale's POV

Peeta's eyes grow dark with anger. Hijacked Peeta. He lets go of my arm and shoves me so hard I fall on the ground. I stare at him shock. I knew he was strong but this is different. Just before his foot connects with my head I hear Katniss' scream. "PEETA!"

Katniss' POV

I knew there was something off with Peeta today but I didn't think of it. I should've done something. But I had to make him bond with Gale. I should've known this wouldn't of worked. I heard yelling coming from the forest. "Madge? Did you hear that?" I say looking towards the woods. "Missing Peeta already? Newly weds" Johanna scoffs. I hear it again this time I bolt for the forest.

"PEETA!" I arrived just as Peeta kicked Gale unconscious. "And here's the mutt" he says turning around. His blue eyes are black and glowing with rage. "Peeta listen to me. Snap out of it. It's not real. We're married remember?" I say surprisingly calm. "Why would I be married to mutt like you" he hisses. That hurt. I know this isn't my Peeta but that still hurt. "You killed them. Finnick, Rue, Bogs, My Family,  and Prim. They're all dead because of you. If you would've just died in the games they wouldn't be dead!" He yells. "You don't think I know that! Every single fucking day I wake up with the guilt that I killed them! I want to die but I can't! I have to live for them! I wish I would've just died in that fucking arena! Then none of this would've happened! Annie's kid would've have a father! Your brothers would've been here! AND PRIM WOULD BE ALIVE! ALL OF IT'S MY FAULT!" I scream. His pins me to a tree with his arm against my throat. But I'm not done. "DO IT. FUCKING DO IT! IT'S BECAUSE OF ME YOUR LIKE THIS!" I say with tears streaming down my face. He stares at me like he's contemplating something. "So do it, kill me. Because that would be a blessing." I say. I close my eyes. "I'm sorry Peeta" I whisper. I feel his arm putting more pressure on my throat but suddenly its gone. I open my eyes to see Peeta falling to his knees. He sways a little. I drop to my knees and take his head in my hands. I look at him. His blue eyes are clouded with tears. "Katniss" he whispers. "I-I I'm-" "Shh it's ok" I cut him off and hold him, rocking him back and forth humming to him.

He cries on my shoulder. I keep one hand in his hair and another rubbing his back. "Katniss I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't m-" "Shh it's ok" I say again. "No its not" he says sitting up. "None of it was your fault. You can't control everything. Death happens for a reason. I'm sorry Katniss. I tried to keep him back but-" "That's why I'm here. I love you Peeta. Even the hijacked part. I love everything about you. The good and the bad" I say. He cups my cheeks. "Katniss I love you. I'm sorry I can't always protect you. I'm sorry for all those awful things I said. Please forgive me. I can't promise that'll never happen again but I can promise to always be there for you and to hold him back and protect you more. I love you Katniss. I love you so much" he says shaking. I lean in and kiss him. I tell him I love him and everything will be ok through it and he returns it. It's gentle, not heated with lust but with love. We break apart for air. I put my forehead against his. "Always" I whisper.

Gale stirs eventually. Peeta carried him back to the house and had to explain to Madge why he was knocked out. To which she just brushed it off by rolling her eyes and whispered "boys" to me. When he woke up he was pissed at Peeta, cursing at him saying if he touched me he'll kill him. He even tried to hit him but I stood in front of Peeta who I knew was going to accept the punch. Madge manages to calm Gale down. I swear I heard Johanna and Haymich making bets. I walk Peeta upstairs to our room. "Lie down" I say sternly and point at the bed. He does it without a sound. I take off his shoes. "Katniss-" he tries to object but I cut him off. "Shut up" I say continuing to put his pajamas on him. I take off his shirt and get up. I switch from my clothes to one of his shirts and open the window. I turn off the lights and soundlessly walk to the bed. I stare at Peeta. He looks straight ahead. I roll my eyes. I climb on top and straddle him so he's forced to look at me. He looks at me with shock. "You said it yourself, you can't control everything" I say. "The past is the past, we have to move on"

A/N
You thought everything was going to all happy and sunshine? Wrong.
hehe sorry
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. ALL OF YOU. THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOO MUCH FOR READING, VOTING, AND COMMENTING.
And sorry for the wait again...