He looked, more like gaped at Wayo's smiling face. Wayo sat in front of him with a sweet smile. "How are you P'Beam? You don't look so good"

"Yeah? Bet I still look better than most but, thank you for informing me, kid" he smiled back at him whose face turned sour for a moment while Ming was quiet with a serious look on his face. Beam turned to Ming with a smile. "Congratulations"

Ming looked at his face. "You're not—"

"Oh, no!" Beam shook his head. Well, no matter what, Kit was dating Ming, he would respect Kit's decision and try to get past the sick feeling he always had around Ming. As long as his friend was happy, he would be happy for him. "As long as he's happy, I'm happy for him. Just... never hurt my best friend"

Ming blinked. He'd lost his composure for a while. "R-really? Y-you're not... not in love with him?"

Beam smiled, genuinely. "I love Kit. The most. But no, I'm not in love with him. He's a little... well, be patient with him please... he'll open up to you"

Ming was quiet for a long time. "Em... thanks..."

"Yeah, ofcourse he's happy Ming, what do expect him to say? He's crushed that P'Kit chose you over him? Or that he's jealous another of his friends is now in a committed relationship?" Wayo rolled his eyes. Then he smiled sweetly at Beam. "Ofcourse, our P'Beam isn't that bitter, he's called the Casanova of medical! He's so charming and handsome, he can have anyone for one night..."

Beam started at Wayo with narrowed eyes. That wasn't the first time Wayo had 'sweetly praised' him. Neither was it the first time he felt unsettled with his supposedly innocent remarks. But he decided to let go of it once again. Wayo was a kid in his eyes, he didn't want to go down on a wits match with a kid.

He ignored Wayo's comment and the weird look in his eyes and turned to Ming. "So, taking Kit out on a date? He loves Japanese the most" with that he stood up, bracing himself so as to not let Wayo and Ming have more reasons to bore holes at him with their stares. He just wanted to be away from their stares and their too much sugary attitudes towards his best friends. Yeah, he might sound sore but who won't be?

Ever since they graduated and Pha made the blunder with Wayo, all they had ever done was talk about Wayo. Then Wayo reentered the picture at the start of this year and Beam was more than happy for his friend, he was even shipping them and also Ming and Kit, he even helped Ming tease Kit but... that was enough support on his part. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life revolving around what Wayo said or what Wayo did or what Wayo wanted or how cute Wayo was. It was sweet when they were in the honeymoon phase of their relationship. It was almost four months ago and it sometimes extremely annoyed him that nothing about their friendship was now private.

Wayo had to be almost everywhere with Pha and obviously with them, their study sessions, their drinking sessions though Pha didn't even let him drink and even though he tried so hard, he just couldn't get used to it. What was the point of it?

Pha was yours already, not like someone would snatch it. Why won't you let him breathe without you for once?

But since Pha doesn't seem to mind, Beam kept mum about it. But didn't mean he was okay with Wayo knowing personal stuff about him or having to share it all with him, no matter how he tried. Call him bratty but he was a very private person. He didn't like others knowing or interfering with his life. He couldn't just open up to a stranger over night because his friend liked him. He had to like them too but seemed like Pha had forgotten that.

"Hey, where are you going off to?" But ofcourse, Pha won't understand that unless he said to his face that he didn't want to be a third, now a fifth wheel.