8. Blow it up Pinkyhead - Live Show 1

After having again one week off, I headed off to London. A taxi fetched me after saying goodbye to my family and friends. We drove off to London. I was sitting in the car I had my headphones plugged in listening to some music.

I had no clue if Boulevard or Union J made it through, they wanted it to be a surprise for me. Well I was sitting in the car for about four hours, I started chatting with the driver. His name was Kevin and he was 27 years old. I felt asleep, I mean we drove off at 5 a.m.

I woke up to the sound of people calling my name and shaking me. “Mila, open your eyes.” “Get your ass out of the car, Mila hello.” I opened my eyes slowly as I saw six figures in front of me, as my sight got clear I saw Mila, Trina, George, JJ, Jaymi, Josh and Ella. I screamed and jumped out of the car and hugged them all tight. “You are through? YOU ARE THROUGHT?” They started laughing about me, but I didn’t care about it.

After I freaked out about it, I also found out that Lucy, District 3 and Rylan were through. Till now they were all I knew.

Three weeks till the first live show, and it felt like three days. The first day we all picked our rooms, the girls had one. The groups also had one and the boys were thrown together in one.

The second day we went shopping, I enjoyed going out with Boulevard. The third day we went out sightseeing.  Well to make it short, the first week we went out looking around London and just messing around. The second week we were partying the whole night. I ended up drunken most of the nights. But the third week we had a meeting with our mentors. We needed to choose a song for the Live Show.

I was meeting Tulisa on Saturday one week before I had to perform live. The meeting was in a studio.

I walked in and she hugged me. “Hay.” “Hello.” She greeted me back. “So in a week the first live show is airing, the judges’ houses performance will air today on Television. Do you have some songs you maybe want to sing? The topic is Olympic Inspired.” I thought about it while chewing my gum. “Well like something from Queen or Jessie J or what do you mean?”  She nodded, “Something like that is there one song you connect with the Olympics?” I thought about it for a while I actually connected some artists with them, “Well when I think about the Olympics I connect Ed Sheeran and One Direction. So you think I should sing a song from them?” “Well yeah, is there really no song you connect with the Olympics?” No I shook my head and sat down on the chair. “What would you sing if you would be me? I mean you are one of my idols, and you always have great ideas. Is there something you think I should sing?” After she thought about it she just said. “You have a very unique voice, and you can rap and you can play the guitar maybe Ed Sheeran’s You Need Me, I Don’t Need You?”  “YES.” I almost screamed. “I love this song. So you think I should sing it? Should I maybe play the guitar? I mean you know…”

I was sitting there with her and Brian talking about my performance. We decided that I should start the performance just standing there playing the guitar, and then as the chorus starts I give my guitar away and start my choreography. Today I just had to learn the chords and the lyrics.

 Sunday I was sitting on the couch trying to get the chords and the lyrics in my head. “Damn it I’ll never get it into my head.” I put the guitar next to me and leaned back closing my eyes. “Someone is frustrated. What’s wrong Miss Cupcakey?” George sat down on the ground in front of me and took my guitar. “I’m going to mess my performance up on Saturday.” I looked at him holding my face in my hands. “Marie. Charlie. Marie. Charlie.” He called the Boulevard and the MK1 singer. They came down and sat down next to us. “What’s wrong?” Charlie asked George, they were friends not as good friend as Mila is with him.

He told Charlie to get out with me, we should go to Starbucks or whatever, but she needed to get the lyrics drama out of my head.  I had no clue why he and Marie were left there but after I changed Charlie and I went out. “So we are going to drink a coffee. Starbucks is alright?” She asked me as we walked into midtown. “So what will MK1 sing on Saturday?” She shook her head and just walked. “What?” “Did you forget what George told me?”