7. St. Lucia

Tears started to form immediately in my eyes. I was wiping them away with my right hand. Tulisa stood up and walked over to me. “Hay Mila, don’t cry.” But just as she said I shouldn’t cry I started to cry, I was kneeing on the ground. I was hiding my face in hands. “Shh, Mila. Stand up, come on.” Tulisa softly talked to me, she helped me to stand up. 

“I .. I messed it up.” I told her between sobs. “No, you haven’t even started.”

Whatever was going on right now, I was pretty much feeling like Cher Lloyd in Judges Houses.

I was wiping my tears away while Tulisa was talking to me. “Listen, just start all over again. It will work out okay. Just forget what happened okay. You just came here and now you are going to start. I hugged you before your performance because I wanted to wish you good luck.” I was looking in her eyes and nodded slowly.

Then she sat down next to Tinie and the music started playing.

I was tipping my feet in the rhythm of the song on the ground.

Before I started to sing I took a deep breath.

“Give me a second I 

I need to get my story straight 

My friends are in the bathroom 

getting higher than the Empire State 

my lover she's waiting for me 

just across the bar 

My seats been taken by some sunglasses 

asking 'bout a scar 

and I know I gave it to you months ago 

I know you're trying to forget 

but between the drinks and subtle things 

the holes in my apologies 

you know I'm trying hard to take it back 

so if by the time the bar closes 

and you feel like falling down 

I'll carry you home “

Till then everything went after plan, looking at Tinie and Tulisa I couldn’t tell what they were thinking because of the sunglasses they were wearing.

Tonight 

We are young 

So let's set the world on fire 

We can burn brighter 

than the sun 

Now I know that I'm not 

all that you got 

I guess that I 

I just thought maybe we could find new ways to fall apart 

But our friends are back 

So let's raise a cup 

Cause I found someone to carry me home”

I decided to change the times when I am going to sing the chorus and the verses. So now was the last chorus for Judges Houses. Taking another big breath, I closed my eyes and started singing again.

“Tonight 

we are young 

so let's set the world on fire 

we can burn brighter 

than the sun”

I sighed and walked away, trying to fix my ruined make-up. I gave my microphone back to some guy called Sam.