Save Magic

~AVA'S POV~

I didn't know why I was so nervous. Maybe it was because once Pan knew I had double-crossed him(again)he would be furious(again). In addition to my fear, I could tell that Mr. Gold was anxious too. We were just about to enter the open space of the rock, when I stopped at the end of the stairs.

"Mr. Gold?" I asked.

"Hmmm?" He answered, turning to face me. My gaze flickered to the box in his hand.

"Can that really trap him? He'll be completely powerless?" I asked. Sensing my apprehension, he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, dearie. I'll handle this." He said with a crooked smile. I smiled back nervously, and we entered the open space. Torches burned brightly, casting a golden glow on the rock walls. A giant hourglass on a pile of golden skulls dominated the room. The lower basin was almost full. I saw Mr. Gold tense out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head. Pan was standing at the end of the room, with his back to us. Hearing our footsteps, he turned. His eyes were slinked, like a cats.

"Hello laddie." He said. He eyed the box in Mr. Gold's hand. "I see you come bearing gifts." I raised my sword.

"Where's Henry?" I demanded.

"You mean my great grandson." Pan said. I nearly dropped my weapon.

"What?!" I stuttered out. Pan smirked.

"You haven't told anyone who I really am, have you?" Pan asked Mr. Gold.

"And who are you exactly?" I interjected.

"I'm his father, isn't that right Rumple?" Pan teased.

"You're his son?" I blurted. Mr. Gold's eyes were downcast and his mouth was set in a hard line.

"Indeed he is. You haven't told anyone, not even your own son. Why?" Pan asked Mr. Gold.

"Because you're nothing but a coward to me." Mr. Gold said. Pan scoffed.

"We both know if that were true, I'd already be in that box." Pan said. Mr. Gold's face spread into a grin.

"You don't think I can do it." He said. "You let us inside just to, uh, taunt us?"

"No. To see you again." Pan said looking from Mr. Gold to me and back. "To give you both one last chance."

"Stay with me. Let this go. We can start over, the three of us." Pan said.

"Do you think I want to be with you? That I could ever forgive you after you abandoned me?" Mr. Gold replied.

"Do you honesty believe that I would want to be with you after all the things you've done?" I asked. Pan sighed.

"I'm disappointed in you two." He remarked, approaching the hourglass.

"After all these years, Rumple, I thought you'd be more...understanding." Pan said, looking thoughtfully at the hourglass. He turned and walked back towards us.

"Considering you did the same to your son. You traded Baelfire, for the power of a dagger. And I traded you for youth." Pan stated. "We're a lot more alike than you care to admit."

"We are nothing alike!" Mr. Gold snarled through clenched teeth.

"Oh, of course we are." Pan argued. "Neither one of us was cut out to be a father, my boy."

"I regretted leaving my son the moment I let him go. I spent my life trying to find him. To get him back. And what did you do? You forgot about me." Mr. Gold thundered.