Realizations

I woke up with a pounding in my head. I groaned and sat up, putting a hand to my forehead. I analyzed my surroundings. I was sitting on a cot with scratchy wool blankets. Jail cell bars were the walls of the room, and I jumped to my feet. I went over to the bars and tugged at them, realizing that the door was locked. Why does this feel so familiar?

"I see you're finally awake." A familiar voice said. Peter was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest. I narrowed my eyes.

"You put me in a jail cell?" I barked. He stepped up to the bars, looking me up and down.

"You assaulted an officer and ran away." He answered.

"Because you told the officers to not let me leave town. Why is that?" I said accusingly.

"I didn't tell them to do anything." He said. I rolled my eyes. Liar.

"Why were you trying to leave anyway?" He asked suspiciously. I gripped the bars, leaning in to get in his face.

"Listen, Pan. I don't know what you did, but I know it was bad. These memories allow me to see you for what you really are." I snarled. He raised an eyebrow.

"Since when do you call me Pan?" He asked with a amused tone. I stared at him, thinking hard. Why did I call him Pan? He smirked and started to walk slowly in front of my cell.

"I see you've finally caught on. Maleficent would've given you back all of your memories if she hadn't been interrupted. Lucky for me, I have eyes and ears all over this town." He explained.

"Why does Maleficent want to bring back my memories?" I questioned.

"I was hoping you could tell me that." Pan replied. I narrowed my eyes.

"What did you do to her?" I said. The corner of Pan's mouth quirked.

"That's a story for another time." He said. I glared at him fiercely.

"Now, you stay put while I take care of something. Not that you have a choice." He taunted. He smirked, which then turned into a full smile of triumph. He walked out the door with me shouting insults at him. I sank down on the cot, putting my head in my hands. Is this how it's going to be? I'm just going to keep running and he's just going to keep catching me. He's the mighty Peter Pan with magic and resources and I'm a girl with nothing. If only I had magic. I mean, I did have magic. I just didn't know how to use it. I used to want nothing to with it, but it seemed that the only way to stop Pan was for me to learn to control my abilities. Just as I was about to try to get the lock open, a swirl of purple smoke filled my cell. When it cleared, Maleficent was standing there. I backed into the wall.

"You again." I snapped. She smiled.

"I came to finish what I started." She said. Before I could react, she reached forward and touched my forehead. The white light blinded me again. Everything came rushing back. My home in the Enchanted Forest, Sam, all those years trapped on Neverland. Pan making my family forget me. I opened my eyes and looked up at Maleficent, who was smiling triumphantly.

"I remember everything." I muttered. After my moment of realization, I looked up at her.

"You here to kidnap me again?" I asked, putting a hand on my hip.