Pandora's Box

Maleficent launched another ball of white hot flame at Pan, the fire whizzing past his shirtsleeve. He recovered quickly, straightening to recite a spell. The swirling green clouds of the spell Pan had cast slithered over to Maleficent. Just before they reached her feet, she muttered a counter spell and they disappeared. Pan glared at her hotly.

"You think you can beat me." Pan snarled as he threw a fireball her way. She sidestepped it with ease.

"I will beat you." She snapped back. Pan laughed despite the bolts of energy whizzing past him like bullets.

"You have forgotten one thing, love. You've lost your leverage." Pan said, waving the box around with triumph. Maleficent snatched the opportunity. She threw a bolt of energy, knocking the box from his hand. It clattered to the ground, and Maleficent grabbed it before Pan could process what his cockiness had cost him.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
~AVA'S POV~
Darkness and oblivion. That's all there was. It was eerily quiet, so quiet that it made my ears ring. There weren't any walls, just never ending dark nothingness. When I looked down, I saw nothing under my feet, yet I felt solid ground. It made me dizzy and confused so I refrained from looking down. I screamed for Pan, calling out his name and some other...colorful insults. Silence replied to my shouts. I didn't get hungry or thirsty, and time seemed to blur. It felt like a sort of dream state. It felt like an eternity in that box, every minute feeling like a lifetime. After what felt like a century, blinding light cracked through endless darkness. My body tingled as I felt a breeze on my skin. The next thing I knew, I was lying on the hard ground. I felt the sunshine on my face for what felt like a long time. I blinked as my surroundings became visible. I was lying in the street, the forest at my side. Pan and Maleficent were on either side of me, watching with wide eyes. I scrambled to my feet and snatched the box that was resting a few feet from me. I tossed the box to Maleficent, who wasted no time. As Pan's eyes were locked onto me, Maleficent waved her hand over the red pendant. Pan realized what was happening and snatched my hand. It was too late. The red smoke licked up his legs and his grip on my hand tightened. The smoke wrapped around his waist and his legs were lifted off the ground. He had a death grip on my hand, and his expression was full of fear and panic. I felt the smoke tugging at his body. Pan looked at me with pleading eyes, his mouth agape with horror. He begged me with his expression, and I gave him an apologetic look. I let go of his hand, our fingers slipping out from each others grip.

"No!" He shouted before he was sucked into the box. The red jewel on the top twisted back into place, clicking loudly. I sighed. Whether it was from relief or disappointment, I didn't know. Maleficent laughed in victory and looked at the box with a smirk. I walked over to her, trying to calm my rapid breathing. Maleficent smiled at me, pleased with herself. I smiled crookedly back, staring at the box that Pan was entrapped in.

"What do we do now?" I asked nervously. She bared her teeth in a vicious smile at the box.

"I haven't decided yet." She replied.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
We were back at the house near the woods. Maleficent had told me that we would decide what we were going to with Pan in the morning. It was between either taking him somewhere remote where Maleficent was going to spend the rest of her life torturing him, or killing him. Neither option sounded good to me. I didn't sleep that night. I should've been relieved. Pan was in Pandora's box, where he couldn't hurt me anymore. But why did I feel this...in-completion? The night was full of tossing and turning, my thoughts eating me alive. He's sitting in that never ending darkness right now, I thought. Was he afraid? Was he furious with me? The next day, I decided to act against Maleficent's plans. Killing Pan, or even torturing him just wasn't going to work for me. I confronted her after pouring a small packet of white powder into her drink.

"Torturing him will take too long, I'm very impatient. He needs to pay for what he's done now. I'm going to end his life, and it's going to be long and painful." She explained with a devious smile.