Crossing the Infamous Peter Pan

It was the next morning and Pan had gathered us near the campfire.

"I have a game for you to play, boys." Pan announced. "The rules are simple. I have hidden my pipes somewhere on the island. The first person to find them and bring them back to camp wins." Excited murmurs ran through the Lost boys, and Felix was looking at me. He raised his eyebrows, challenging me. Ha! "You're on, Felix." I mouthed to him. He smirked.

"On your mark, get set, go!" Pan shouted. Everyone booked it into the forest, going various directions. It looked like most of them were going to the Pixie woods and Mermaid Lagoon. I guess I'll check Dead Man's Peak. I ran towards the mountain. After I had climbed it, which took quite some time, I started searching the area. Hmmm...If I were a deceiving little demon, where would I hide my pipes? I was looking around the place where the Dreamshade grew over the entrance to the cave, when I saw them. The pipes were tucked under loose rock. I snatched them up.

"Got you." I said in victory.

"Actually, I've got you." A smug voice said. I turned around to find Pan standing a few feet away.

"What're you doing here? You're supposed to be back at camp." I questioned.

"Oh, but the opportunity was too delicious to pass up." He said mischievously, taking a step forward.

"Opportunity for what?" I asked, taking a step back. He took more steps towards me, and I continued to walk further away from him.

"To get you alone of course." My back hit the wall of the cave, nowhere to go. Pan put his hands on the cave wall, caging me. He put his mouth next to my ear.

"You said that I wanted something from you, and you're right. I want your heart." He whispered. Then he kissed me hard. Butterflies exploded in my stomach and shivers ran up and down my body. For a second, I was frozen in place. Then I came to my senses and tore our lips apart. I put my hands on his shoulders and pinned him to the wall.

"You need to stop doing that!" I scolded. He laughed.

"Why? Why are you denying what we have?"

"What we have? We don't have anything! The only thing I feel towards you is hatred."

"You and I both know that's not true." In one swift motion, Pan spun me around and pressed my back into the cold stone, back to where we started.

"I can feel it. When we kiss, you think you hide it so well, but I can feel it." Pan said darkly.

"No, you see only what you want to see."

"Oh come on, Ava." He kissed my jaw. "Don't tell me this doesn't send shivers down your spine." It did, I had to restrain myself from physically trembling. "My power over you is growing. You can't fight forever. It'd be some much easier for the both of us if you just gave in." Pan said softly. Would it? Maybe I didn't have to be alone. Maybe I could have someone care about me. What?! Snap out of it, Ava! Pan doesn't want to love you, he wants something. And he thinks that he can get it by pretending to care. He's ruthless and isn't capable of anything but evil. I shoved him away.

"Go find some other girl to obsess over." I threw the pipes at him and stalked off.

~PETER PAN'S POV~
So close, she almost caved. Oh well, I had the rest of eternity to break her. I did wear away a big part of her though. I meant everything I said to her. I knew she felt something for me, I could feel it whenever I touched her. This encounter only made it easier to break her.

~AVALON'S POV~
I walked very slowly back to camp. I was in no hurry to see Pan again. I was still trying to figure out what happened on Dead Mans Peak. Pan was trying to make me surrender to him, and it almost worked. He was trying to get something from me, but I still didn't know what. It would be so much easier if he just told me so I could give it to him and get off this island. I took my time walking back. Maybe I should rest here for a while. I thought to myself. I sat against a tree, watching the leaves sway in the wind. I heard a rustle, and a hand clamped over my mouth. Not again. My captor dragged me into a shrub and I saw his face.