Nightmares

The next morning, I marched into the kitchen. Maleficent was sitting calmly at the table, a cup of tea in her hand. She looked up at me with a pleased expression.

"Good morning." She greeted. I slammed my hands down on the tabletop.

"You've been keeping me in the dark this whole time, but not anymore. That's the exact same reason why I joined you to get away from Pan. You're going to tell me what you're planning to do to him." I said stonily, my voice hard with determination. She set her cup down, a slight smile creeping across her face.

"I have nothing to hide from you, Ava. We're allies." She said.

"Then why didn't you tell me your plan?" I snapped. She shrugged innocently.

"You never asked." She replied simply. I internally rolled my eyes. I sat down at the table, setting my stern gaze on her.

"What is your plan, then?" I asked. She sighed, looking around the room.

"I suspected you'd be asking this." She said, avoiding the subject. I narrowed my eyes in annoyance.

"I intend to get my revenge on Pan." She answered.

"Yes, I knew that. How do you intend to do that?"

"I'm going to make him suffer as I suffered." She said. I sighed irritably. Why do villains insist on being so vague? Is it really that hard to say "Here is my master plan".

"How are you going to do that?" I asked, quickly getting fed up. Her eyes narrowed, recalling bad memories.

"I intend to use his love against him." She explained. She means me, I thought.

"What did you he do to you?" I asked curiously. She clenched her fist on the table.

"That is none of your business. We are working together because we both want Pan gone." She said.

"Are you going to kill him?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"No, that's too good a fate for him. What I'm planning is far worse than death." She said with a murderous glint in her eye. I fought the urge to step away from her. I realized that it was pointless to get any information out of her, so I just left to resume with my lessons. I had been studying diligently to better prepare myself for whatever Maleficent's plan was. I had a feeling that I wasn't going to like it. I was astonished at how much power I held, and at how long I had been oblivious to it. Who knew someone simple like me could have this much magic and have no idea about it. I didn't trust Maleficent. Or Pan. I didn't trust anyone but myself. Everyone else in the town was completely oblivious to everything happening around them. And Emma and Henry were nowhere in sight. I wondered what had happened to them. Anyway, I was slowly making myself better at using magic. After training all day, I made my way back to the house. It was late at night, and the light inside the house were still on. When I entered the kitchen, Maleficent was sitting at the table. The crystal ball was displayed in front of her, lighting up her smirking face. I walked over to her suspiciously, looking over her shoulder at what she was watching. In the glass orb was a picture of a simple bedroom, a figure tossing and turning in the bed. I realized that the figure was Peter. He was thrashing in the bed, his face pinched with discomfort. Beads of sweat dotted his forehead. My heart rate picked up.

"What the hell did you do to him?!" I demanded. Her smirk only grew wider.

"Enjoy the show." She slinked, getting up and walking into her bedroom. She closed the door and I heard the lock click. I sat down at the table and watched the crystal ball with narrowed eyes. Peter was mumbling and groaning, his breathing rushed. I touched the crystal lightly and willed it to show me what he was dreaming. The image clouded and a new one resurfaced. It was a bathroom, painted white with white tile. There were two people in the bathroom, me and Peter. I looked closer and saw that the spotless white tile was stained with a pool of red. I was lying on the floor, Peter's arms wrapped around me. My eyes were closed, my face eerily pale. I squinted to get a better look. A knife was in my lifeless hand, streaked with blood. A patch of red was over my stomach. I watched in horror as Peter whispered my name over and over again, begging me to come back.