eighteen

It was last period and that phone call left you dazed. Wondering how stupid you were to believe in supernatural things. All that work, effort.. gone to nothing. And now you're back to where you've started.

"Miss Min. Miss Min." The teacher firmly said and you finally snapped out of it.

"Yes?" You responded attentively.

"If you were listening, repeat what I just said."

The whole class 'ooo-ed' and you felt embarrassed.

"Miss Min?"

"You'll be spending your lunch this week knowing how to find x, Miss Min."

You sighed and sat back in your chair. You thought to yourself how could finding x be more important than a serial killer on the loose?

—————

The bell for the end of school rung and you headed to the basketball court to meet with Yoongi.

You noticed that there weren't many people there yet, so you assumed that you were early. Yoongi wasn't there yet either, so you took a seat.

One of the players went up to you.

"Hey you're Yoongi's sister, right?"

"Mhm."

"Yoongi might be a bit late today, but he'll be here soon." He smile assuringly.

"Oh, alright." You smiled in response. "By the way, I haven't gotten your name yet."

"Oh, I'm Kim Namjoon. You can call me Namjoon since you're my friend's sister." He held his hand out for you to shake. You shook his hand.
His palm was warming. "And your name is?"

"I'm Y/N. Min Y/N."

"It was great to meet you. Talk to you later." He gave a friendly smile then returned to training.

You went on your phone. No missed calls, no messages. So you turned off your phone.

You stared into space, your train of thoughts starting again. You suddenly remember the posters Yoongi said he would put up. He hasn't put up any. Probably because he's busy. Maybe he knows that supernatural stuff is all made up.

You waited.

—————

15 minutes later, Yoongi finally shows up, in his basketball kit, and greets Namjoon. He then goes up to you.

"Hey Y/N, sorry that I was late, I couldn't call to tell you that I was going to be late. There was no signal."

"It's alright. Why were you late?"

"I forgot my basketball kit at home, so I went back to change into it to save time. Anyways, you better watch me show off my moves."

You laughed, "Of course."

He waved and then went to the court.

The game started and so far, he was doing well. He always managed to take the ball off of the others while they were dribbling. His teamwork was great.

This was the first time you've watched him train, and you were impressed.

—————

Training ended and Yoongi and Namjoon walked up to you.

"Time to go home." Yoongi said and you got up, following them out of the school gates.

"What a game that was." Namjoon said. You can see the sweat trickling down his forehead.

"It sure was quite a match."

You remained silent.

"So how did you find the game?" Namjoon asked you.

"It was great." You smiled, "Everyone looked like they worked pretty hard."

"That's nice to hear." He smiled.

His smile was so noticeably friendly. It gave a nice, comforting feeling.

—————

"Well, we're here."

Turns out Yoongi had brought Namjoon over to your house.

"I haven't been here in a few days." Namjoon laughed.

"Make yourself at home, Joon." Yoongi says as he goes back into his room.

You sat down on the sofa and put on the news channel. Namjoon sat next to you.

"Breaking news. Another body has been discovered in Busan once again, located by a block of flats, a young boy aged 9. There was also another dead body found in a school earlier today, a highschool girl aged 17."

You sharply exhaled. You secretly glance over at Namjoon, and notice his faint smirk.

"Local police still have not found any clues to who this serial killer really is. All they have to say is to stay in pairs. At all times-"

You turned off the TV.

Namjoon immediately looked over, "Is there something wrong?"

"Obviously." You sassily said. You felt a bit bad since he was friendly to you. "Two people died."

"People die all the time."

How could someone this friendly say something that ignorant?

"It doesn't justify murder." Your tone of voice changed. "The police are just too lazy to get up and solve a serial killer thats on the loose. If they can't find him, I will."

"Hey, isn't that going a bit too far-"

"They've gone too far, so why can't I?" To Namjoon, it looked like daggers were shooting out of your eyes.

"You can try, I guess. But they're just too good."

You began to dislike Namjoon for his ignorance. How could he turn a blind eye to this happening in our area?

"I can be just as good. Or even better." You said.

"I'll catch him for sure."

—————

it's the author speaking :)

this book was originally meant to be supernatural butttt i strangely switched things up, so this is gonna get pretty interesting soon.

love yall who are still reading
— mina xx