38

"W-what!?" Yoongi stuttered out loudly, his previously droopy eyes snapping open with shock and anger. "Why?! He's my best friend, Taehyung, your friend too! Why would you do such a thing?"

Taehyung bit his lip as he allowed himself to be attacked by guilt. "Well... you see, my love-"

"Don't call me that!" Yoongi snarled angrily and Taehyung's eyes widened. Being face to face with his furious omega was something terrifying enough to send chills down his spine. Yoongi could be seriously intimidating when he wanted to be. 

"W-what?" Taehyung stuttered out through shock. "Why would you do that, Taehyung?" Yoongi persisted, a threatening glare plastered on his rageful face. Taehyung sighed deeply as his eyes were cast down to the rich marble floor. "He... he lied to me. He and Jeongguk... they skipped training to... mate? Jimin went off saying that he didn't want war, that he didn't want violence... when he was a hypocrite. He fought with you last night, he upset you, so he lied. He does want... want violence, Yoon. He's not as innocent as he seems-"

Slap.

"Don't you ever say that about Jimin again!" Yoongi glared at him, not a hint of remorse on his face. 

Taehyung blinked, stunned as he belatedly released that Yoongi had slapped him. Half of him, his wolf, was screaming at Taehyung to hurt Yoongi, to make him pay for his actions, to make him know who he belonged to. Yet the other half was coaxing him into a weak state, broken down completely as he finally realized he was throwing away his one chance of a happy life.

Yoongi's hand shook as he stared at the flickers through Taehyung's emotionful eyes. "I'll let Jimin out. I...you can leave tomorrow morning. Go to the Silver Heart Pack where you'll be safe, I'll have you and Mochi protected by Head Alpha Park Jinyoung," Taehyung spoke monotonously before he turned away from  Yoongi. 

If he couldn't keep his boyfriend and best friend safe, then his best option was to send him to someone whom he believed could do just that.

But what a foolish decision that was...

✩✰✭✮✯★✵✶✦✧

"Tae no!" Jimin wailed as he was released from his cell, the guards holding his thin arms with vice-like grips making the boy wince in pain. "Y-You can't... you can't keep me away from Jeongukkie!" Jimin pleaded through heartwrenching sobs. Taehyung sighed. This is why he had come to the conclusion it was better for the two omegas to be away from him until the war was over. He had hurt them enough. 

Taehyung loved Jimin like the soft little brother he never had and to see him in such a state, only minutes after leaving his mate to cry his eyes out in their bedroom, fucking killed Taehyung. Yet he kept a straight face with an emotionless gaze. 

Taehyung just couldn't bear the thought of hurting the two omegas even more than he already had. He was the brutal alpha, after all. Of course, his two favourite omegas wouldn't be safe with him. 

Jimin practically screamed as the alpha's guards dragged him out of the dungeons and up to his room where he would be forced to pack his belongings without any choice whatsoever. 

Taehyung was frozen in his position, staring that the cold stone wall for who knows how long, only being snapped out of his empty daydream at the sound of his name being bellowed from the doorway.

"Kim Taehyung! You sent my mate away?! You're forcing him to leave me?! You-you... you monster!"

Taehyung sighed at the insult. The insult he had heard more often than he would've liked. But he knew it was true. He knew deep at heart, that he would always be that monstrous, brutal alpha. 

✩✰✭✮✯★✵✶✦✧

Yoongi still kneeled on the rough carpet, hours after Taehyung left him to cry. His eyes were burning with tears, feeling so droopy but knowing better than to shut them. His knees were sore and Yoongi felt as though they were lit on fire, yet he maintained his position. He was too weak to move and so desperate for his alpha to walk in and embrace him in his strong arms.

The amount of pain Yoongi was in was unbearable... he just wanted it to be over.

"I-is this the pain Seokjin Hyung warned me about..?"

Word Count: 730 words