Chapter 18

"Could we watch a movie?" I asked Shawn, his face lit up and he ran to the self full of some. He pulled me over with him asking what I wanted to watch.

The self rested a few inches above me, as I'm so short I couldn't see anything, when I told him he lifted me up. Now that I could see his collection consisted of: each Harry Potter movie, the Notebook, Twilight, The Hunger Games, a few comedies, and some childern's movies, mostly disney. "Why don't you pick?" I nodded, rolling back and forth on the ball of my feet.

He sat me down on the couch, then put a blanket over my shoulders. Taking a movie from the shelf, although I couldn't see which one–his hands blocked the cover. Now curling up on the couch he put his arm around me. For a moment or so, before hitting play, he just looked at me.

"Quit staring at me and start the movie." I giggled, he didn't stop right away it took him a second of our eyes to meet. His, I hadn't ever given much focus to them, were a beautiful tone of almost a hazel color; I noticed he had a bit of a lazy eye on one side. As he hit play I cuddled into his side only causing him to pull me into his lap. The sound of the music tied to the movie started to play. Automatically, I knew what sat in the dvd player. I glanced to him, "Harry Potter?"

"I like these." He smiled, blushing in embrassment a bit.

"Me too."'

It suddednly struck me: I'd begun trusting him alarmingly soon, after Ian I thought that ability had been lost at sea.

-Shawn's POV

Vivian couldn't tell , or she was ignoring it; how Aaron was only acting nice. But it was to make her happy, I'm surprised he did it.

The movie ended, she sat up a bit then took a deep breath shutting her eyes as she inhaled.

"Is someting wrong?" I asked rubbing her hand with my thumb, she seemed tense, but not in the way she would've at an unwanted touch. In the way where something beats against you until you feel like you could explode.

"Uh sort of, Aaron's moving away soon. He's practically my brother. See, he wants me to stay safe, so away from you, but you're one the few people who knows how the bad people think." She explained slowly.

"By bad people, you mean the assholes who did that to you?" I refered to the gash on her right shoulder, now visable from her lilac sleeve slipping down her delicate arm. She nodded, although she was right I didn't want her to be. I didn't want to understand their twisted brains, but I did. Well, I supose my head is just as messed up as their's, possibly less. "You know I'm not like them, right?" I neatly yelled, I wanted her to know that I'd never try to hurt her.

"Now I do, before I thought you were just like them." I couldn't blame her, I put out that persona so I could stop from hurting.

But once I saw saw what they did, I grew sick. Even if she didn't want me to, I planned on getting them to pay. I didn't only want revenge for screwing up her up even more, it seemed I needed it. It doesn't make sense for me to want this, that night is the only reason we're together.

I shouldn't be thankful either though, I may act like one of them sometimes but I'm not an ignorant, cold-blooded bastard which would enjoy the fact a girl has to suffer through more than she already did because of some travisty just because now that girl is "their's."

It was the worst when guys treat girls like property. I hated it, so did the guys.

But society makes both think it's alright sometimes, society also thought we were high, drunk or hungover most of the time because how we act. But we let them. Society hates us, we hate society. It's like that for most of us in the web.

The Web iswhat we called the, rejects if you will. It was everyone in this town that was consider a criminal or anyone who associates themselves with those people, you could only understand The Web if you were in it. But! once your in there's no way out.

"Hey, if you could get revenge on them would you?" I asked, she took a few seconds to think.

"Well sorta, I never really thought about it. I guess it depends to what extent, but I try to not hold grudges." She seemed so gentle, it eluded me at how anyone could do something to her that was so despicable to someone like her. Now I can see she didn't want to introvert herself to thoughts about those people. But, why would she. "You know why one reason I want," She paused for a moment, "Justice." After a second of emptiness, she started again, "It's kinda dumb, but it's that I didn't want another scar because of how stupid I was eight months ago."

"Oh. My god, I should've I got there with enough time to save you. Then they couldn't have hurt you, or drugged you. I didn't thinks about the scars, I just wanted to help you. I'm so sorry."

"It's not like you can control it so don't be sorry. I don't want to be messed up like I am, though. I was already messed up enough before." I watched her, now close to tears. I couldn't do anything before her cheeks were wetted from her emotions. All I could do now was hold her in my arms and let her eyes soak through my shirt.

It hurt to see this. I had thought her life was perfect, in an alternate universe it might be. But that's not where we are, maybe just in a alternate place the intensity of the pressure would decrease.

"Shh... it's ok. Even with all the scars you're perfect." I whispered as I stroked her hair as she wept. "You're safe: he's gone, they can't hurt you and if they dare try they, well they better hope I decide to let them go without hurting them too bad."

"Please, no, I don't want you to get hurt. I know them and they'll figure out away for you to be in so much of a worse condition." She only looked up at me for a moment.

"But I need to." I responded, she shook her head and mumbled no, continuously. In so little time she'd seemed worried about me. I'd always been worried about her, sometimes she'd come home in tears after being at Ian's all night. I would go over to her house, but because she wouldn't dare answer the door to me. So what did I do? Sat there and watched a she curled on to her couch.

Then there was the one time I worked up enough courage to walk over, a few months before the accident.

She looked up at me with blood-shot eyes, then sucked a deep breath. "What?" Her voice came out sharp, and gave clear tones she wanted to be left alone.

"Are you okay?" I looked at her, there was a bright colred hand-print formed on her cheek.

"Why do you care? You're probably only here because you want to fuck me." She looked down at the ground, her voice suddenly melted into something less harsh. "I'm fine though."

"Well for one thing there's a bruise on your cheek, I'm asuming your boyfriend did that. Why are you even with him if he's such an ass?" I sighed.

"I'd rather not talk about my personal life to you, but if you must know I love Ian and he isn't an ass, he loves me back." She forced herself to smile. Her words rolled out in a  conflicted manor, sounding as though she was trying to convince herself of what she said. That they really did love each other.

"Sure you do." I scoffed, which caused her to slam the door in my face and end our conversation.

I remember wanting to rescue her that night, but to her it couldn't have any significance.