Chapter 10

-Vivian's Pov

When we stood in his room, Shawn acted the exact opposite of my perception. His lips were warm against mine, they tasted most strongly of coffee. His voice was so nice, it didn't seem so cold anymore. Especially as he explained why he acted the way he did, "If you act cold then bad people won't come for people I care about."

As I crossed the street, I felt him watching me, not  in a creepy  way like it would've felt last week, but rather a confirmation I got back safe. I showered, and got ready, everything I tried on was uncomfortable on my arm–making it hurt home or just the skin burning for whatever reason. The only thing that didn't bother the gash was Shawn's shirt, probably just from needing to cling to something familiar. I put one of Aaron's sweatshirts on over so he wouldn't question it then walked to the park.

"Hey!" Aaron yelled to me as he saw me walking up, an insincere grin formed on his face. I smiled faintly at him, he ran across the baseket ball court and hugged me tight. I winced in pain at his grip, "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing I just scraped arm last night." I lied, not wanting him to worry.

He nodded, then hesitated a bit, "Listen we really have to talk." He sat down on the bench, and pulled me down next to him.

"About what?" I asked, leaning into to him. He sat there for a second without speaking.

"I'm moving." His voice was almost muted.

"W-what? Where?" I whispered, shock taking away my volume.

"New York."

"When?" Was all I could get out.

"Two weeks, I just found out last night. I don't want to go but I have to. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. How about you come over and we can watch a movie or something." I suggested. "I have something to tell you too."

He nodded, and wrapped his arm around me to keep me warm, even if I hadn't shivered once. On our walk back snow danced down from the clouds. When I opend the door a few things were out of place or on the floor.

"What happened?" He asked seeing the broken picture frame on the floor, and how the door had been taken slightly off the frame.

"It's kinda what I wanted to talk to you about." I sat him down on the couch, then pulled off the hoodie. His jaw fell at the mark, entirely ignoring the fact I was in Shawn's shirt. "I didn't scrape my arm last night something happened. There's bad people in the world and some of them are in my life, and they make bad things happen to me."

"What are you trying to say?" His jaw dropped with concern, his face grew pale as well.

"Ian had friends, they think he's dead. Blaming me for it they wanted vengeance, 'course they used the word justice. Anyways, they came here did this to my arm and would've killed me if it weren't for the one who said something about not splattering my guts everywhere. Please don't worry about me, someone saved me."

"One: I will worry about you, even when you're next to me. Two: who saved you? I need to go thank them."

I turned, to the window, he wouldn't think the same if I told him Shawn rescued me, nor would he want to believe it. "Nevermind. Can we just watch the movie? I have somewhere to be at seven."

He wouldn't accept the fact Shawn saved me, nor would he want to. I sat with my head against his shoulder, he wouldn't stop talking during it though I ignored him it was slightly difficult and I'd seen the movie enough times. I then realized soon I'd no longer have a protector. He paused the movie and stared dead at me. "Tell me who the hell saved you, it'll kill me not to know." Before I even took a breath his phone went off. "Oh," Disappointment drown his words. "I-I have to go. But you need to tell me, how about I'll come over tomorrow and you tell me then."