CHAPTER 1

"No I can't! I have so much work to do Alyssa" I groaned. My bestfriend of 15+ years, was trying to get me to go to some party. I would usually be up for it but I just made a huge business deal with a big brand company in Singapore. I currently am the CEO of Newman enterprises. My uncle passed the company down to me when I was 19. Young, I know. But from the moment I was born, I was trained to know everything about the business world. Now I am 22 and still running the show. Thankfully, Alyssa has been with me every step of the way.

"Cmon Aria! You've been at this desk for over three weeks. I know you and I know you badly want to leave this building and get some fresh air! We deserve a night out" she whined.

"Two hours" I told her. I am getting kind of tired of looking at the patterns on my desk.

"YESS! Thank god!" she squeezed me and then dragged me out of my office.

~
"Good thing me and you have a nice office attire" Alyssa laughed as we walked downtown. We stopped in front of a building and walked through. It was a bit posh but thankfully our clothes fit in or these people would've frowned upon us.

About five minutes later me and Alyssa stepped out of the elevator to someone's penthouse. I'll admit, I have enough money to buy the whole building but I stay humble and live in only a loft. Sure it's... bigger than the ordinary loft.. Anyways.

"I need a drink!" Alyssa huffed.

"You and me both" I said while making my way to the bar. "Who's party even is this?"

"Two mai tai's please" she told the bartender. "Remember Leo? This is his penthouse."

That name. Leo. Leo Carmichael. Alyssa has set me up with him numerous times. His dad owns most of Los Angeles and Leo works beside him. He's ridiculously good looking but his personality is trash.

"Alyssa. For the millionth time! I am not going out with him!" I yelled at her.

"I know! You've told me that before! Listen-"

I cut her off. "If this is another set up, I swear-"

"But it's not! Just listen to me!-"

"Alyssa Carrington?" an unknown voice took a turn on cutting her off.

We both turned around and saw a tall man. He had blonde hair and a cocky smile. He looked very familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Oh! You're ummm.. Greg? No! Gabe was it!" Alyssa guessed.

I took a seat on the bar stool and started sipping my drink. This could take awhile.

"Uh haha no. George remember?" he chuckled.

"OHHH! George Kittle!" she gasped. "Oh my, I haven't seen you since I was sixteen!"

Bingo there it is. George Kittle! Ahh he plays in the NFL! Alyssa loves watching football for some odd reason and I, over the years, adapted with her.

"You've grown up!" he hugged her.

"Yeah! You have to! You're a star now! Oh! This is my bestfriend! Aria, George used to date my cousin. Remember Bethany?"

"Oooh the psycho one?" I asked, remembering how crazy Bethany was/is.

"She was huh!" George said.

"Haha hi, I'm Aria Newman" I greeted him, I put my hand out for him to shake it but he pulled me into a hug. Jesus he's strong.

"Sorry I'm a hugger! Wait Newman? As in Newman enterprises?!" he asked shocked.

"Yeah."

"Holy shit! You're one of my favorite companies! Damn girl you're making bank!"

I was about to respond when an attractive man came up and shoved George. "I told you to stay with me! This place is huge!"

"Sorry I saw an old friend and got caught up" George shoved the man back. "Anyways this is Alyssa. I used to date her cousin in highschool."

"Nice to meet you Alyssa, I'm Jimmy Garoppolo." He flashed his smile.

"Hi, nice to meet you too. And I know who you are! Who doesn't?" Alyssa laughed.

"And you'll never believe who her friend is!" George exclaimed.

Jimmy looked my way. He had a nice smile. He was tall, tan, fit, with a great jawline. But off the bat, you could tell he could get any female he wanted.

"This is Aria. Aria Newman!" George jumped up and down.

"For real? You own Newman enterprises?" he asked, as if it were too good to be true.

"Yeah I'm the CEO of the company" I kind of snapped back.

This is the part I always hated. People underestimate me because I am a women. But this women right here runs more companies than a man could handle.

"Huh. Nice" he replied very dry.

"You think you could sponsor me?" George asked very bluntly, completely turning the topic to another direction.

I laughed, "That's actually not a bad idea"

~

TO BE CONTINUED