We're Having A.....

Today we are finding out the sex of my baby. I'm excited to see what I'm carrying but also see how Chris will react. 

"Babe let's go we're gonna be late" I heard Chris yell from downstairs as I'm finishing putting on eyeliner.

"Alright I'm coming geez" I yelled back

"Ready babe?" He said as I'm coming downstairs

"Yup let's go"

He pecked my lips then picked up Savannahs car seat and put her in the car. The whole car ride Chris couldn't shut up about the baby and when we pulled up on a red light he would talk to the baby. Finally after hearing him talk nonstop we pulled up to the parking lot.

We waited for about 20 minutes before I heard my name being called.

"Alison Reynolds?" The nurse called

We got up and followed her.

Savannah woke up as we waited in the room. She wasn't being fuzzy though because Chris was making her giggle.

"Are you excited to hear your baby brother or sisters heartbeat?" He cooed.

I gave them both a nice smile. Savannah was holding her arms out so that I could carry her.

"Mama! " I heard Savannah say. That was her first word. I looked at Chris with shocked eyes. Just as we were enjoying our moment with our princess the doctor came in.

"Hello Alison I'm Dr. Liz and I'm assuming that's your baby's daddy? " she said

"Yes it is nice to meet you too" I replied

"Alright I'm going to squirt some of this gel but it might be cold" she warned. "Ok here's the baby"

"Oh my god" I heard Chris say. "That's our baby"

I nodded.  He had the biggest smile I've ever seen. It was the smile of a little kid getting his favorite toy for Christmas.

"Would you like to know the sex of your baby?" Dr. Liz asked.

"Yes please" I replied

"Alright it looks like your having a girl"

I turned around to see the look on Chris face. It was undescribeable.

"We're having another girl" he yelled.

I nodded.

"Did you hear that Savannah your gonna be a big sister" he cooed to her

Savannah giggled.

The doctor gave me a few copies to take home and then we left.

We decided to stop by Dereks condo and tell him the news. Hopefully Josie would be there too.

We pulled up into the driveway and went up the elevator. Savannah was asleep in my arms. I can't believe how fast time goes.

We made it up to his condo and knocked. Derek answered the door.

"Hey guys come on in" Derek said. I gave him a hug and then sat on his love seat.

"Hey guys." I heard Josie say as she was coming out of the bathroom.

"Hey Josie how have you been feeling? " I asked her as I hugged her"

"Good except for the morning sickness" she stated

"Yea but it'll go away soon" I reminded her

"So we have some great news to share" Chris announced

"You're having twins" Derek yelled

"Noooooo" I immediately said. Josie was laughing. "But we are having another baby girl"

"Wow if there's something you two are good at its making baby girls" Derek joked

"And cute ones" Chris added.

Derek rolled his eyes.

We decided to play poker for a while but then it eventually turned into the boys talking so Josie and I went upstairs to the kitchen to talk.

"So how's Derek been with your pregnancy? " I asked

"He's actually been really good. He's always protective and brings me whatever I'm craving" she said

"That's great so are you living with him?"

"Yes he said that he wanted to be close to me throughout my whole pregnancy. I'm not allowed to leave the house without him knowing every detail. "

"Yup that's Derek alright"

"Hey I was wondering if you wanted to go baby shopping and after that we could go to lunch and talk more if you'd like?"

"Yea sure that sounds great so when would you like to go?"

"Tomorrow works fine"

We went downstairs to find the boys still talking and Savannah asleep on her uncles arms.

I took her from him and cradled her in my arms.

"Hey do you mind if I hold her? I've never really held a baby before. "

"Of course here let me show you how"

I showed her how to hold a baby when she's feeding, burping, sleeping or just holding.

"Your gonna be a great mom Josie" I told her

"I hope so"