More Surprises

Today I was four months pregnant and Savannah was turning one tomorrow. I can't believe she's already turning one. It seems like yesterday I gave birth to her.

My pregnancy has been going extremely well. My morning sickness is officially gone and I'm surprised I haven't gained a lot of weight. My mom has been visiting me daily while Chris is at work. He has also been very happy with this pregnancy. He talks to the baby every night before going to bed even when he comes home late from work. We are hoping to find out the sex of the baby next week. Chris is hoping for a boy but I don't really mind as long as he or she is healthy.

~

I woke up feeling great and my phone ringing. To my surprise it was Derek.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sis"

"Hey what's up? "

"I need to speak to you about something. Do you mind if I stop by?"

"Derek you know your always welcome.  You don't need to call"

"Thanks sis I'll see you later"

About an hour later I heard the doorbell bell ring.

"Hey come on in" I said hugging him

"Thanks"

We went into the living room and sat down.

"So what's up?"

"Well you remember Josie right?"

"Yea isn't she your secretary?"

He nodded

"So what's the problem?"

"She's pregnant"

I gasped. "Is it yours?"

He stayed quiet but then answered. "Yes"

My eyes were probably the size of golf balls by now. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. I asked for a paternity test and it came back positive. "

"Are you excited? " I asked twirling a piece of hair

"To be honest I'm not sure. I really like her she's a sweet person and different from any other girl but I'm not sure I'm ready to be a dad."

"Look maybe this was meant to happen although it happened unexpectedly I'm sure you'll be a great dad. You took care of me all these years after dad passed away. "

"I guess your right but what about the company? " he asked worried

"Well since Chris is the Co-CEO of the company maybe he can take over at times." I replied

He nodded.

"Hey does mom know?"

"Yea she was the first to find out"

"Well looks like she's gonna be a grandma again and I'm gonna be an aunt. Oh and good luck waking up at midnight, changing diapers and maybe even having her throw up on you." I said trying not to laugh

He sighed. "Hey I was wondering if you and Derek wanna go out to dinner on Sunday. "

"Yea sure I'll call mom to have her watch Savannah. "

"Sounds good."

I was about to ask him something when all of a sudden I heard the baby monitor go off.

"Sounds like Savannah just woke up." I said

"Can I get her?" He offered

"Yea sure she's upstairs on your right."

Derek came downstairs five minutes later with Savannah in his arms. Savannah was extremely spoiled by her uncle. For Christmas he bought her a real diamond tiara. He did a great job with her when she was newborn so I knew he would make a great dad.

"Well sis I gotta get back to work but I'll see you on Sunday" he said handing Savannah back to me.

He kissed Savannah's forehead and she giggled.

"Bye Derek. "

He gave me a kiss and hug then left.

I went into the living room and thought about everything that Derek had just told me. Then I turned to Savannah.

"Hi princess your uncle just told me your gonna have a baby cousin. " I cooed at my daughter and she giggled

Every day is filled with more and more surprises.