A Surprise Visit Back Home

I decided that it's time for me to go back and visit my family and surprise them. I'm trying really hard to hide my baby bump from my brother and Chris so if I run into him he won't notice it. Alright next stop New York.

~

I arrived in New York and took a taxi to my mom's condo.

Here goes nothing. I rang the doorbell.

"Alison? Is it really you?" I heard my brother say. I smiled and jumped into his arms. "I missed you so much sis"

"I know I missed you to Derek." I gave him a kiss in the cheek.

"Derek, who's at the door?" I heard my mom say. "Alison! Oh baby I missed you much." She said squeezing me so tight that I couldn't feel my arms.

"Hey Derek,  can you meet me in the living room." I yelled while going upstairs to put my stuff down.

"Sure." he yelled back

I need to tell him now. I won't say who the father is but he's my brother so he does deserve to know.

I went downstairs to find him sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"Derek, there's something I need to tell you." I said not looking up. "The reason that I left was because I needed to be away and have some space." He gave me a confused look. "But there's something that you also need to know."

"What's going on?" He whispered.

"Derek, I'm pp-regant." I stuttered.

He went from his natrual caramel skin color to completely pale.

"What?!" He yelled. "Why didn't you tell me? Who's the dad? Does he know?"

I was about to answer all his questions until Chris came in. He looked shocked to see me but he ignored me. Asshole.

"Hey bro, ready to g- ," he trailed off "Alison? "

I was in complete shock and I had a lot going through my head so I just gave him a fake smile.

"Yea I'm ready. " I heard Derek say. I could tell he was a little mad. "Alison we'll talk later. I love you."And with that said him and Chris left.

I went up to my room and cried. I couldn't help the thought that I disappointed my brother.  I know that I was eighteen and soon to start college, but I don't know if it would all be possible with my daughter on the way.

"Hunny are you in there?" I heard my mother call from outside my door.

"Yes." I yelled

"Oh baby I missed you," she said coming over to hug me " So tell me is it a boy or a girl?" She bickered

"Your having a granddaughter."

"Oh that's so exciting, " she said hugging me and kissing my forehead "How about we go shopping for some baby clothes?"

"Sure." I said all excitedly.

Since I'm five months pregnant now and my baby bump is starting to grow more I decided to wear a goodie with jeans so my baby bump will be hard to notice.

We got to the mall and immediately went to a child's boutique. We bought towels, bibs, pajamas, hats, dresses, shoes and accessories.

After all of the shopping we decided to grab something to eat. We grabbed Taco Bell to go and headed home.

~

Later that night

"Ally can I come in?" I heard my brother say

"Sure"

"OK I want answers now!" I heard him yell "Who's the Baby Daddy? And does he know? "

"Derek, I love you but I don't wanna say and no he doesn't know." I whispered

"You know what you're right. I don't need to know. You know why? Because it's your mistake not mine." He yelled

"It was accident! I didn't mean for it to happen," I yelled trying to hold back tears "Why are you mad?!"

"Because you're my little sister and I'm your big brother an it hurts me!" He yelled and heard him slam the door as he left.

I started bawling my eyes out. I couldn't do it. My brother was mad. My baby's daddy was his best friend and I knew he didn't want to speak to me.

This was definitely not the way I thought my visit back home would go.