five

• shawn •

I stared at the text message I just sent to Bella for a long time. It just said "i miss you" and the word 'delivered' was right below it.

My heart sped up when that word changed into the word 'read.' She read my text. Seconds later the three dots appeared, signaling she was typing back and I exited out of my messages faster than ever.

Her reply was so quick. I looked at it before actually opening it.

From- Bella: I'm sorry.

I closed my eyes and banged my head on the wall I was leaning against. Ow, why did I do that?

I was suddenly angered because I know she's not sorry. She doesn't even care.

"no you're not bye" is the message I sent back to her.

Bella: don't be like that

Shawn: sorry i'll leave you alone

Bella: Byeee (disgusted/annoyed/donewithyourshit emoji idk what to call it just pretend she used that emoji if u know what im talking about)

I frowned to myself. I wanted a "no don't leave" text but she just said bye.

I decided to set my phone down and not look at it unless it goes off, which probably won't happen, and I just attempt to work on my homework.

It was about ten minutes later when the screen opened and I had an Instagram notification.

andreaxdallas sent you a photo.

I opened it curiously because I never expected her to message me first. She acts like she hates me, and for some reason I love it.

It was a picture of a cat which I assumed was her cat and she said: i'm bored and i have no friends what's up

Shawn: Just being sad lol

Andrea: why're you sad

Shawn: My ex girlfriend

Andrea: lmao

Shawn: It's not funny .... my heart has been shattered

Andrea: wow that sucks

Shawn: your rude

Andrea: you're like 20 years old and you still can't use the right your/you're

Shawn: I'm 16 ..

Andrea: i know

Shawn: How old r u?

Andrea: 12

Shawn: SERIOUSLY?!

Andrea: no

Shawn: ....

Andrea: i'm 14 idiot

Shawn: When's your birthday

Andrea: december 13

Shawn: that's soon !

Andrea: not really lol it's like 2 months

Shawn: Aren't you gonna ask me when my birthday is

Andrea: no

Shawn: It's August 8. I know you were wondering

Andrea: no i wasn't

Shawn: well now you know

Andrea: you're annoying

Shawn: Your the one who messaged me first (smirk emoji lol shawn u flirt)

Andrea: ......

Andrea: *you're

xxxx

• andrea •

"I just don't understand how you've never had a crush on someone." Matthew says before taking a bite out of a carrot. It was lunch time at school and Samantha skipped today, leaving Matt and I alone at lunch.

"I told you," I roll my eyes. "I just avoid my feelings."

"But... how?"

"If I start catching feelings, I read a book. I read until that book takes over my brain and I'm no longer thinking about that person."

"You make absolutely no sense," Matthew grins, then adds, "and I love it."

"You don't make any sense either." I scoff. "You're one of the weirdest people I've ever met."

"Whatever." he shrugs, that silly grin still setting on his lips. "But like, if you don't want to love anyone what are you going to do with your love life?"

"I mean... nobody would fall in love with me anyway." I say quietly while avoiding eye contact. The subject of love upsets me very much and I have no idea why. I'm only fourteen, why would I need love anyway?

"That's not true." Matt frowns. "I hate when you say things like that."

The lunch bell rings and I sigh because lunch is over, meaning I have to go back to class. "I think I'm just gonna skip the rest of the day." Matt says.

"Can I come?" I ask with pleading eyes.

"No, stay in school and get good grades. Education is important." he winks at me before waving goodbye. I slump my shoulders and make my way to my locker.

Matthew cares too much about me, and it's annoying. He doesn't want me making bad decisions. He's like an older brother to me. I wish he was my adopted older brother; the ones I have don't care about me like Matthew does.

In class, I had a mini freak out when my thoughts drifted over to Shawn. I couldn't just pull out a book and read, I was in math class. I tried to force myself to think about something else, but this time I couldn't do it.

He's so cute.

I don't like him.

And he's so nice.

He's annoying.

And he seems sad sometimes which makes me just want to hug him and tell him it's okay.

He has improper grammar.

I like talking to him.

I'm insane.

xxx

WHAT'S UR THOUGHTS ON THIS STORY SO FAR? SHOULD I CONTINUE