four

• shawn •

I was sitting at home with nobody to talk to and nothing to do, and somehow I found that Andrea girl's Instagram. I didn't even look her up. I was on Bella's Instagram, looking at her pictures because I wanted to torture myself. She posted a picture with a boy and I got jealous, so I went to that boy's Instagram.

That boy's name was Cameron Dallas and he was so much better looking than me. I'm so down on myself, and it's all because of her. Anyway, on his Instagram I found a familiar face. Andrea's. She was tagged in his photo so I clicked on her profile.

Of course, she had a private account. For some reason that didn't surprise me. I really wanted to look at her pictures so I requested to follow her. She accepted my follow request about ten minutes later, not following me back which made me laugh for some reason.

When I looked at her pictures, I almost went heart eyes. She's gorgeous. Earlier, she looked adorable in her school uniform. I wonder how old she is. If she's like thirteen, that would suck. I know it's only a three year difference but that would just be weird.
I go to one of her pictures and leave a comment on it.

shawnmendes: wow, your gorgeous

she replied to my comment a few moments later: @shawnmendes *you're

shawnmendes: just take the compliment.

@shawnmendes thank you shawn.

I smiled to myself, leaving another comment on her picture.

shawnmendes: follow back ?

And I smiled even wider when seconds later I got a new follower.

xxx

• andrea •

"What's for dinner?" my brother, Nash, asks Mom for about the tenth time in the past thirty minutes.

"Ask me one more time and I'll lock you outside." she replies in one of those tones where you can't tell if they're joking, or if they're actually serious.

Nash pouts, slumping his shoulders and sitting at the table with me in the dining room. I was doing my algebra homework, barely concentrating. He pulls out his books from his backpack and begins to study.

"Wait, what?" I say in bewilderment. "You're actually studying?"

"Yup." he says in an irritated tone. I don't say anything else because I know he doesn't want me talking to him. Nobody does in this household. I pack up my homework back into my bag and head upstairs to my room which I share with Anna. I originally shared with Madison, but then Teala came along.

That probably sounds weird, because Teala is older than I am. Even though she's older, I was adopted before her.

That explains why most of my siblings don't exactly look alike. Here's the story: Cameron and Madison are the only ones not adopted. Their dad walked out on them and moved to Arizona when Cameron was six and Madison was one. Now, Cameron is twenty and Madison is fifteen. Cameron moved out last year into his own apartment, but he is still at our house almost every day.

My mom got remarried about a year before I was adopted.

I was adopted when I was sixth months old, and I recently learned that Madison was not happy about me coming along. When I was about five, my mom adopted Teala when she was eight. My mother has a huge heart, and sometimes she just can't help herself and she makes huge decisions out of the kindness of her heart.

Madison was so much happier about Teala than she was about me, and they grew close right away. My mother decided to let them share a room and a few months later she made a decision to look for a new house.

We moved into something way bigger than we though we needed, so Cameron asked her why we had extra bedrooms. That's when she sat down with the four of us and told us she was adopting two more. She informed us that it was originally supposed to be one, but he had a younger brother that he refused to be away from. That's how Nash and Hayes came along. Nash was also older than me already when he was adopted and Hayes was just months younger than me.

After a few years of settling in, my father wanted one more child. Anna got adopted at only a year old, and I instantly felt less alone in the house. She couldn't talk to me, but I still felt like she was the only one close to me in the house.

So now Teala and Madison share a room while I share another room with Anna. Nash and Hayes shared a room until Cameron moved out, then Nash got his room. My mother is considering letting me turn the loft into my own room since I begged her for my own space.

"Can you help me with my homework?" Anna asks me as soon as I'm comfortably laying on my bed. I sigh, exhausted, and say yes.

"Just a second." I say to her as I grab my phone, checking if I have notifications before I go over to her.

I raise my eyebrow seeing I have an Instagram direct message from Shawn Mendes. It was a picture of inside the pharmacy, and he wrote: you should come pick something up or something. I'm soooooooooooo bored !

I replied: this is kind of a weird way to communicate with me.

He wrote: well I don't have your number ...

I replied: aw, that sucks. too bad I can't go to the pharmacy for no reason. get back to work and leave me alone :-)