seventeen

• andrea •

It was Saturday, and I was waiting for Shawn to pick me up from my house. I waited downstairs in the living room, and when Madison came down she snorted at me. "Going somewhere?"

"What does it look like?" I reply, rolling my eyes.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"Why does it matter to you?"

"It doesn't."

"Then leave me alone."

She opens her mouth to say something but closes it when there's a knock on the door. My heart rate speeds up a little bit. I didn't even here Shawn's car pull into the driveway.

Madison raises her eyebrow suspiciously and walks towards the door before I can get there. She opens it and Shawn stands there. "Uh. Does Andrea live here?"

I get anxious. Madison is absolutely gorgeous, way prettier than I'll ever be. What if Shawn is attracted to her? Not that I care. Well, I do because he's my friend and I wouldn't want him to be with Madison. It's not like I like him or anything.

Madison ignores his question and sticks out her hand. "I'm Madison."

"Okay. Is Andrea here?" he says, kind of annoyed, and I can't help but laugh at the look on Madison's face.

I step in front of her. "Hey Shawn."

When he sees me a smile lights up his face and I turn to Madison. "Bye." I wave with a sarcastic smile and close the door in her face.

"The look on her face." I laugh as we walk out.

Shawn chuckles. "I remember you telling me how mean she was to you one time," he says. Wow, he remembered that? "So I wasn't gonna try and be nice to someone who is mean to you. Plus, I hate when people don't answer my questions."

We get into the car and I probably should have dropped the subject by now, but I still add on to it. "But don't you think she's like, super pretty?"

He shrugs. "She wears a lot of makeup."

"I wear makeup." I say.

"Yeah, but not as much as most girls. It doesn't matter if your sister is really pretty anyway, 'cause she's rude."

"I'm rude." I remind him.

"Look, it's just different with you, okay?"

"How?"

"Why is it so important? Yeah, Madison's pretty. But you're gorgeous, and unlike her you don't have to try so hard to impress people. I'm not even sure if you want to impress people, but you do, trust me."

I didn't know what to say, and all I could do was blush. "Well thanks, Shawn."

"Yep." he grins.

"Where are we even gonna hangout?" I ask.

"Well I'm hungry..." he hints.

"Same."

"Yay! So where should we go eat?"

After a while of throwing random suggestions on restaurants around, we settle on Olive Garden. I don't really like that place all that much, but I'm really in the mood to eat their breadsticks.

"I hope you know that I only brought like five dollars." I say to Shawn when we get seated at a booth, smiling.

"Most girls would at least say something like 'oh no, you don't have to pay for me' but you just straight up tell me that I have to pay for you." He laughs and I laugh along too.

"That makes me sound like a bad person."

"We both knew I was gonna pay for you anyway." He smiles to himself as he opens a menu. Our waiter, a cute young adult man boy looking person, came to ask what we wanted to drink. He had a light chestnut colored mop of hair and he wore glasses, his name tag saying Ashton.

After he went to retrieve our drinks, Shawn said, "Quit staring at him, Andrea."

"He's attractive," I say in my defense "but he's probably like twenty something."

Everything was going well, up until I decided to make the decision of asking him if he was going to get back together with Bella.

xxx

y'all i'm in biology BORED AS FRICK help

sorry if there's a lot of errors, i'm updating from my phone and im actually not allowed to even be on it right now lol