"You're here, that's enough for me," she smiled.

"I know, I'm fantastic..."

Collins punched him playfully and took a sip from the glass. The smoked Gouda blended well with the dryness of the Chardonnay. Roach rested his head on her stomach as they spent most of the day talking about training and the military and the missions they had. He stood up on his forearm and looked in her eyes.

"We shouldn't be talking about work," he said.

"What should we talk about then?"

"How about some dessert?" he asked, his eyes fell on her lips once again. "I'm in the mood for cherries?"

Her heart stopped and she started panicking. She did not think that he was going to remember or care that he wanted a 'taste'. She tried to hide her anxiety and flow with it but it was not working well. Roach could smell fear from a mile away; he definitely would not miss it from a few inches away. His hand caressed her face and she flushed.

"Just relax," he said softly. "If you want me to stop, just say it."

As he spoke to her he leaned in, his eyes fixed on her lips. Her heart was thumping in her ears and it grew louder as he drew closer. Her mouth felt dry and she inhaled deeply to calm her nearly exploding heart.

Their lips locked and her mind exploded. He kissed her slowly, savoring the moment which they had waited long enough to happen. Slowly, she parted her lips and their tongues met. He stopped suddenly and started kissing the corners of her mouth, moving to her neck. He licked the shell of her ear and a moan escaped from her lips. Shocked, she clasped her hand around her mouth, embarrassed.

Roach chuckled and murmured in her ear, "I'll take that as a compliment."

He grabbed her hand which was covering her mouth and placed it on his hip. Cautiously, she slid her hand over his lower back. She lost it as his tongue explored her mouth. She gripped on his t-shirt and started tugging at it. They broke apart and Roach looked down at his t-shirt which was halfway up.

"If you keep undressing me, I'm going to get mosquito bites all over my back," he sniggered.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" she said alarmed. "I didn't even... I don't know how..."

He ran his fingers through her hair and beamed.

"No worries Lainey. At least we're together now."

'Yes we are,' she thought.

--- --- --- --- ---

"You're telling me that my apartment was destroyed by goons sent by Vaughn to kill you?" inquired Tamara narrowing her eyes.

"Yep," said Ghost waiting for the terror to rain over them.

"The important thing is that you are alive," she said hugging them both.

Charlene laughed but Ghost looked terrified. This was not the same woman from two years before who had threatened him to take care of Charlene or else...

"We will find you another flat don't you worry," reassured her Ghost.

"Oh no, really, you don't have to. Besides you have to take care of the wedding and getting a place of your own."

Charlene and Ghost exchanged puzzled looks. How did she know that?

Tamara chortled and grabbed Charlene's left hand and lifted it.

"I may be exhausted but I'm not blind."

Oh right... the engagement ring.

"We want to ask for your blessing," said Charlene in a small voice.