✧Chapter Six✧

Start from the beginning

“You sure?” I just nodded in response, opening the box, as I cut a piece of cake for three people.

“Me and mommy made this for you, I hope you like it” Alayna said, as she eyed me, putting the cake in my mouth.

“It taste just the same as I remembered it” I said without even thinking.

“I'm sorry” Vivian looked over to me confused.

“Oh I'm sorry, it just reminded me of my mom's cooking” I said, giving myself a mental slap on the face for being so stupid.

Vivian just let out a small Oh, as she continued to eat her cake. It didn't take long for Alayna to finish hers.

“I'm done” Alayna said happily rubbing her belly.

“Good, because we have to get back to the house, I didn't tell daddy in where we were going” Vivian said as she carried Alayna in her arms, which I could sense a hint of fear. What has been happening while I've been gone?

“Mommy, can we come back tomorrow and visit big sister?” Alayna asked, pouting.

A light chuckle escaped Vivian's lips and she kissed Alayna's forehead “Baby, I don't wanna bo–” I cut her off.

“Don't worry, I don't mind” What the hell are you doing Alison? The voice in my head said, which I mentally shook it off.

“Are you sure? I'm sure you have better things to do then hang out with my five years old daughter”.

“Mhm” I hummed with a nod in response.

“Thank you..” Vivian trailed off.

“It's Ali–” I stopped myself there, thinking whether or not I should tell her my real name or lie;I mean.. I seriously don't know what I'm getting myself into. “Alice. My name is Alice” I managed to get out.

“Vivian” I know because you're my mother... I wanted to say, but instead I reluctantly just took her hand in mine, shaking it.

Before they left, Alayna hugged me tightly, telling me that she'll see me tomorrow. It still felt so surreal, knowing I was Alayna's big sister and she didn't even know that I was her real big sister.

✦✦✦

“What's wrong? You've been spacing out every since I got home” Jinri asked, joining me in bed, after she was done with her shower, feeling her wrap her arms around me.

“I was talking to my mom today” I said. Honestly, before coming here, I wanted to give my mother a little piece of my mind, just like I did my dad. I was pissed off at her, but seeing her today, just made me sad and hurt, especially seeing her treat Alayna how I always wanted to be treated when my family got ruined.

“And what happened?” Jinri kissed the back of my hand, with her drawing circles with her thumb on the spot she kissed.

“Well surprisingly enough, she doesn't even know I'm her daughter” I told Jinri.

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” I didn't know whether if she was being serious or just playing with me, as I turned to face her.

“Obviously it's a bad thing, my mother thinks I'm dead” I said remembering the article that I read earlier today “Which reminds me, what happened on that day?” I asked. I have no memory of that day I left my house. Yes, I remembered going to the cliff, but what I don't remember was the events that happened after that.

“I don't think you're ready to know” Was all Jinri said, which made me annoyed. What is she not telling me?!

“What do you mean, I'm not ready to know? I'm more than ready to know” I took a few deep breath, feeling the rage build inside of me. I didn't like the fact that Jinri was hiding something from me. I felt betrayed.

“I can't” Jinri just turned herself away from me and that made me lose it, to think we're supposed to tell each other everything,but I guess not.. I can't believe this women!

“You can't or you just don't want to!” I raised my voice a little. I hated starting an argument with Jinri, but she gave me no choice to start one right now. I needed to know what she was hiding.

“I can't Alison! I just can't okay!” I flinched from the tone of her voice. “So just..” Jinri sighed “Go to sleep and forget about it” and she just left it at that, and turned away from me. Is it so bad that she just couldn't tell me..?