Mom & The Guys

Zacznij od początku

The older couple waved goodbye, laughing as they left the store. Xael just gave her Mate a look as he blew her a kiss. All checked out, the two headed towards the jeep. Once inside, Xael gave him a kiss.

"Thank you handsome."

"Anytime beautiful. Where to now?"

"Cigar shop!"

Headed to the cigar store, Shado turned to his Mate. "Xael?"

"Hm?"

"How did you know she was pregnant?"

"Oh, I could smell her."

"And I guess you could smell her plastic surgery also?" Now Shado was just being sarcastic.

"Even Barbie doesn't have a nose that perfect and natural boobs hang, not jut out like hers. So there!"

"Speaking of smell, you know your scent is detectable?"

"Yeah... You're with me, no one will bother me."

"Xael?"

"Huh?"

"Does it matter that people stare at us for being a mixed couple?"

"No. Your parents were an interracial couple so you should be used to the stares."

"Yeah but Natives are treated differently than black people."

Xael was trying not to laugh at him. "You must have spent more time with your mom out in public?"

"Why do say that?"

"Because prejudice is prejudice Adam. You might not have encountered it as much because you can pass as white if you wanted. I've heard the same bigoted remarks towards Natives just as I have other people of color. Once you turn your back, that smile on the other person's face gets wiped off with a quickness. You'll get put down just like the next non white face."

"Wow...I never really looked at it like that. Maybe that's why my mom never really let me stay with my dad much."

"Were your parents True Mates?"

"No. I'm not really sure why my mom and dad were even together. My mom is more concerned about how others see her. I never really cared for her side of the family. They all seemed so...fake."

"Maybe she was more interested in the idea of it than the actual reality of it."

"Yeah, I guess that's a good way to put it. Glad that's not me. I think you're absolutely gorgeous. Dark skin and all." Xael looked over at him and gave him her kissy face.

"Hey? If your mom raised you how d'you learn to dance?"

Shado smirked at her again, if he wasn't focused on driving he would have poked her in the side. "Silly Omega, I told you my dad raised me after my mom left. He taught me to dance."

"Oh!"  She gave a cute little chuckle but then grew somber. "I wish I could give you at least one pup." Xael was silently fighting back tears as she looked out the window, not wanting him to see the pain in her eyes.

"Hey babe, don't. I have you Xael, that's all I ever wanted. If we're meant to be parents, Spirit will make it happen. For now I just want to enjoy us being Mates. Plus we already have two furry four legged pups!"

Xael knew he was trying to cheer her up and get her mind off of the subject.

"Thank you Adam. I'm glad you're my Mate." Shado could still hear the tears in her voice.