"You are under observation for the next week. We need to fatten you up a bit" Beam joked tiredly, but it made Kao panic again.

"But I can't miss work, and my tutoring sessions, I need to pay for my expenses, I don't..."

"Hush" Beam waved an arm. "There are no expenses”

“But—”

“I always work pro-bono when it comes to male pregnancy. You only need to give me consent to keep your records for my study and even they will be sealed. You just worry about getting back to your feet and being strong enough to carry that little one inside you. It is a tough job. Trust me. This will be lovely... once you get to enjoy it. But it will be a forever job" Dr. Baramee smiled at him.

"But-"

"You're not alone, you have me and P'Yihwa, she is not easy to get rid of" he smiled so kindly at Kao it made the poor boy cry again. It took them another half hour to calm him down.

##~~

"You should go and rest, your kids came here for vacation not to miss their dad" Yihwa told Beam who shook his head

"They're at your place with your husband and Phu, P'Prin called me when he went to pick them up. Arthit was very happy and he thought that his Auti Yiyi has an anshum houseband (handsome husband)"

Yihwa laughed at that.

"They’re fine. And they know I’m a hero who help babies” he chuckled. “But him... he has no one" Beam watched the sleeping figure with a sad face. "Why is life so cruel? Why..." he sighed. "I learnt to be on my own a long time ago then I needed love and support in my life for once but I had no one. He must've learned to be on his own too and now..."

"Hey..."

They both looked at the two boys who brought Kao to the hospital. They gave each other uncomfortable looks before turning to Beam.

"Is it true, he could just... em he's so weak, could he really, like..." June was fidgeting.

"He wants to know if that kid could die or lose the baby" Thada said in monotone.

"Huh, why are you so stuck up?" Beam mumbled. "But yeah. This can be painful, sometimes the baby can’t survive in their bodies, sometimes their bodies can’t survive the baby, not to mention the pain and suffering of the parent throughout the course.
So yeah there's a huge chance he won't make it. And that's if he wasn't this weak and stressed out. He needs care. And...” he frowned. “You're not really his friends, are you?"

Thada didn't answer, he just stared at Beam before quietly went inside to sit beside Kao. June followed.

"See? I don't think he's gonna be alone, least not for now" Yihwa reassured Beam. "You've been here for over 14 hours, go to your kids"