February 2nd

February 2nd

I'm sitting on my bed, reflecting on my wonderful night and waiting for Macy to wake up.

"Ughhh what time is it? My head hurts?" Macy groans before sitting up in her bed.

I laugh as I reply, "Um... like 10:30am, maybe you shouldn't have drank that much last night?"

She takes a sip of the water off her nightstand, "Haha very funny. Speaking of, I never saw you come in. Did Carson embarrass you that badly that you had to stay out all night, where were you?" She asks curiously.

"Oh, well yeah...that's because I kinda spent the night with Jay. But it's not what you think at all." I assure her.

"What?! " Her eyes go big with curiosity.

"Well...it's a long story. After the whole Carson fiasco, Jay kissed me."

"WHAT really? Jay kissed you? You kissed Jay?" Macy squeals.

"Yep, that is what happened and what I just told you." I sarcastically say.

"Well after our kiss, I was tired and I had decided to leave and try to get some sleep here. You weren't home yet, but I quickly realized that I couldn't sleep. I was sitting up on the edge my bed and realized that I was thinking about Jay. Then I thought about what you had said to me earlier; "Maybe he's not like the other guys." So... I texted him. He was so sweet and offered to come and pick me up, not literally this time, and drive around the city." I say, smiling like an idiot just at the thought of Jay carrying me out of the bar in his arms. I tug at my hair, "I know I've only been here just a little over a week, but New York is beautiful, but I won't ever make up an excuse not to see the scenery around here." I explain to her.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it was a magical night or should I say magical early morning?

* * *

Jay

Hey Jay, it's Brielle. I'm sorry for texting you this late. I just can't sleep. My mind is racing and I have so many thoughts and I can't process them all...

You don't ever have to apologize to me Brielle. I know how it can be overwhelming at times. I had to go through it last year, you know. I mean I didn't have a crazy party animal like Macy for a roommate, but it was just as hard adapting to the new college reality. Why don't I come and pick you up? We can go for a drive, that always helps me to clear my thoughts.

Sure, I'd like that :)

* * *

I hear a knock at my door and open it to see Jay holding a caramel latté from my favorite café.

"Here, I thought this would help. It's decaf." he says as he hands me the drink.

"Thank you, that's so sweet of you." I say as I smile.

I suddenly realize I'm probably not looking too great after the bar incident with Carson. This realization makes me blush and turn away quickly. I think Jay probably noticed it too because he places his hand softly on my cheek, lowers his voice and asks, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, sorry just nervous and tired." I reply back.

"Don't be sorry, you know, we don't need to go anywhere if you don't want to." he says.

"No, I really want to go for a drive. I love seeing all the beautiful scenery New York has to offer." I assure him.

"Okay, if you insist. But I'm most convinced the most beautiful scenery New York has to offer is standing right in front of me." he says before lending his hand to me.