Dud

Supergirl is overseeing the aftermath of the incident. There are ambulances as well as the bomb squad and police cars all around. Maggie approaches Supergirl.

"How is he?" asks Supergirl.

"He's in shock. The paramedics gave him something to calm him down but they seem to think he'll be okay."

Supergirl looks around for a moment, "It doesn't make any sense."

"What doesn't?" responds Maggie.

"Why didn't the bomb go off?"

"It wasn't supposed to." answers Maggie.

"What?"

Maggie explains, "Bomb techs looked it over and the trigger mechanism wasn't connected to the bomb. They weren't able to find evidence of a timer or transmitter that would've set it off either. There was no way that bomb was going to blow up."

"Then why did he do it?" Supergirl can't help but wonder.

"We don't know yet. We tried to ask him but he's still a little too out of it. We'll find out."

"Something about this just isn't right." insists Supergirl.

"Speaking of not right... have you talked to her yet?" Maggie says as she indicates Alicia Baker in her fake Supergirl costume sitting on the back of an ambulance.

She's draped her cape over herself like it's a blanket. When Alicia sees that Supergirl has looked her way, Alicia smiles but Supergirl doesn't.

"Not yet. But I think I'm going to have to." Supergirl says with a sigh.

"What do you want to do with her?" wonders Maggie.

Supergirl ponders that for a moment before, "I know her heart was in the right place but... she endangered lives. There's really only one thing we can do."

Maggie moves towards Alicia but Supergirl stops her.

"Let me talk to her first."

"I'll make sure that the cameras stay away this time." confirms Maggie as she heads toward the press.

"Thank you."

Supergirl walks over to Alicia. She seems happy to see Supergirl when she stands in front of her.

"You were fantastic in there."

Supergirl looks at her confused, "I'm sorry?"

"What you did in there? It was fantastic. The way you protected all those people? I don't think I could've done that."

"Well, at least we agree on that." Supergirl responds.

"What?"

"What you did in there? That was incredibly dangerous."

Alicia looks down with concern, "I know. I'm sorry... I just... I wanted to feel important, like you."

"Like me?"

"I just mean, I'm not as important as you. You're SUPERGIRL. You save lives every day. I wanted to know what it was like."

Supergirl watches her for a moment, "You didn't, set all this up did you?"

That makes Alicia look at her, "What? No."

"Because the bomb was never meant to go off."

"No, I..."

Supergirl interrupts, "You didn't know."

Alicia shakes her head, "I just... I got a message to come down to the L Corp building because you needed help."

"What kind of message?" says Supergirl wit concern.

"Just what I said... come down to the L Corp building and help Supergirl with a problem."

"Who sent it?" Supergirl asks.

"I don't know. It was a blocked number."

Alicia pulls out her phone and shows the text to Supergirl.

"And you just showed up?"

Alicia doesn't respond right away, "I wanted to help."

Maggie and Anna come over to where Supergirl and Alicia are talking.

"I'm sorry Alicia, but what you did was incredibly dangerous. I can't just let you walk away from that."

Anna steps up to make the collar. Supergirl hands Maggie Alicia's phone.

"Alicia Baker, you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..."

"I was just trying to help." Alicia says while looking at Supergirl.

Supergirl walks away from Alicia.

"I know."