Chance Meeting

Supergirl is flying through the sky of National City on her way to a police shoot out in progress. She reaches up to her ear to activate her ear piece.

"I'm 30 seconds out." suggests Supergirl.

"Okay Kara, stay sharp, there are hostages in the building." Wynn responds through his mic.

"Don't worry, I've got this."

Supergirl speeds off to the police shoot out. Supergirl lands in the middle of the shoot out, causing both the police and the bank robbers to stop shooting. She looks at the police and then the bank robbers.

"Okay, how are we going to do this people?" Supergirl confidently says.

There's a long silence between her, the bank robbers and the police.

"Light her up!" one of the bank robbers yells.

The bank robbers start firing at Supergirl and the bullets naturally bounce off her. Supergirl turns to the bank robbers and walks right up to them, bullets being deflected off her the whole time. She gets close to Bank Robber Number #1 and grabs the muzzle and trigger of his gun, crushing them both without hurting him. The other bank robbers have stopped shooting by this time.

"You must be new here." the superhero says with a smile.

"Hub City." another of the robbers says.

"Welcome to National City, we frown on bank robbers here."

Supergirl notices that the other bank robbers haven't put down their guns yet which is why the police haven't moved in.

"Oh, uh, would you all mind putting your guns down now? I think it would be easier to just surrender don't you?" asks Supergirl cheerfully.

After a few moments, the other bank robbers all drop their guns and raise their hands, making the police move in. Supergirl drops the gun of the first bank robber and marches toward the bank where the hostages are. She grabs the chain on the door and breaks it before opening the door and stepping back so that the hostages can rush out.

"It's all right, you're safe now." declares Supergirl.

Eventually a young girl, Alicia Baker, 20s, runs out of the bank but stops to look at Supergirl.

"Oh my god, you're Supergirl." Alicia says with a strange excitement.

"Yes, yes, I am now if you could just..."

Supergirl is cut off by Alicia rushing up and hugging the hero.

"Thank you, thank you so much for saving me." Alicia praises.

Supergirl isn't sure how to handle it, "Well, you're welcome, but it wasn't just you I saved, I..."

"I'm such a big fan of yours." declares Alicia.

"That's... really nice of you but..." tries Supergirl.

"I can't believe Supergirl actually saved me." says Alicia, almost ignoring the one she's hugging.

"It's, you know, kind of my job." insists Supergirl.

"I know but... I mean, thank you so much." responds Alicia.

"No problem, just... you should probably go with the other hostages so that the police can take care of you." Supergirl tries to push back.

Alicia lets go of Supergirl.

"Oh, right..."

Alicia starts to follow the other hostages before stopping a few feet away and turning to Supergirl again.

"THANK YOU!"

Supergirl smiles and waves. Alicia eventually exits.

"She seems enthusiastic." Wynn says through the mic.

Supergirl taps her earpiece, "She was just appreciative. It happens."

"A little TOO appreciative if you ask me." suggests Wynn.

"What are you implying? I hope you're not implying what I think you're implying." questions Supergirl.

"I'm not implying anything." says Wynn playfully.

"Good, just don't let Alex hear you talk like that." insists Supergirl.

"What am I not supposed to hear?" asks Alex as she suddenly appears behind Wynn.

"Nothing, it's... not important." Wynn stumbles as his computer notifies him of another incident, "Oh, uh, Kara... we have a car chase on Fourth and Jefferson."

"I'm on it." says Supergirl through the mic.

"You really didn't hear that?" questions Wynn.

"I'm the Danvers without the super hearing remember?" suggests Alex playfully.

"Like I said, it was nothing. Is J'ohn still on his self imposed 'get over Meg'an' trip?"

"Last I heard, yes, are you still tracking the incidents?" asks Alex.

"Absolutely."

Wynn brings up a map of incidents around the city. There are red dots all along it with clusters in specific spots, "Looks like everything is holding to the pattern. Yup, anywhere with media reports of Supergirl, a string of incidents start popping up in that general area."

"And there's no connection between the incidents?" wonders Alex as she looks it over.

"Not that I've been able to pick out just yet. The only identifying pattern seems to be Supergirl and the media reports surrounding her." explains Wynn.

Alex looks over the map for a moment.

"Have they all been a success?" asks Alex.

"All of the ones where innocent people could've been harmed, yes."

"What about the big villain incidents? Could any of them be pulling off something this elaborate?" continues Alex in her questioning.

"I suppose, but the question is why?"

"She's been pushing herself really hard trying to be there for all the incidents. Could they be a test?" wonders Alex.

"Of what? Her powers? That seems like it would come right out of the Maxwell Lord playbook."

"I don't think he'd go for something like this again, not now. But maybe someone is taking a page out of it?" speculates Alex further.

"What if it's a battery test?"

"You think someone's trying to wear Kara out?" pushes back Alex.

"It's the only explanation that makes sense with the amount of incidents." explains Wynn.

"But what does the media attention have to do with it?"

"I'm not sure yet but it could just be random chance." considers Wynn.

"That consistently?" wonders Alex, "Well, keep working on it. See if anything pops up. I'm going to check on my sister after this latest round."

Alex walks away.