Legal Trouble

Kara exits the convention centre only to find the lawyer standing there waiting for her.

"Hello Ms. Danvers." the lawyer says.

"Who are you?" demands Kara.

"I'm a fan." says the lawyer with a smile.

"I'm sorry? A fan of what, exactly?" responds Kara, not sure what he's getting at.

"Your work at Cat Co. It was quite engaging. I was sorry to see you go." explains the lawyer.

Kara continues suspiciously, "Thank you. How... how did you know it was me?"

"I expected you to come around eventually." says the lawyer.

"And why is that?"

"One of the best parts of your work is how you always seem to get the exclusive on Supergirl. All those quotes and first hand accounts. It's almost as if you had a personal relationship with her." the lawyer says, making Kara put her emotional guard up.

"I'm just... really good at my job."

"Extremely good at it. That's why I knew that you'd come around looking to talk to my client eventually."

"The girl you were talking to... Alicia? She's your client?" Kara asks cautiously.

The lawyer remains silent.

"Why?" Kara pushes.

Again the lawyer remains silent.

"She was arrested for putting people in danger. Why would you defend her?" Kara continues to push.

"Everyone deserves a fair trial, even a hero like her."

"A hero?" questions Kara.

"Of course. She put herself in harm's way to help others, isn't that the definition of a hero?"

"Not when other people could get hurt." insists Kara.

"Isn't that what Supergirl does every day? All I'm saying is, Supergirl doesn't get arrested every time she rushes into save anyone does she? Then I don't see why Alicia should be treated any
less than Supergirl for trying to help people." explains the lawyer before adding as he walks away, "It was very nice to meet you Ms. Danvers. I hope to see you again soon."

* * *

Kara, Alex and Wynn are walking through the DEO.

"There's something really wrong with that lawyer." declares Kara.

"I'll see what I can find out about him." Wynn says as he hurries to a computer, leaving Kara and Alex walking together.

"On the up side, Alicia wasn't that bad. No real alarm bells other than her being a pretty big fan of yours." Alex says.

Kara seems surprised by this, "She's still a fan? I thought for sure she'd hate me after I had her arrested."

"Not that I could see. She spent a lot of our conversation talking about how she understands why you did what you did, but that she's still going to try and help wherever she can." Alex explains.

"She's not going away is she?" Kara says somewhat rhetorically.

"Doesn't sound like it." confirms Alex.

"Well isn't that interesting." Wynn says from up ahead.

Alex and Kara catch up to Wynn at the computer.

"You found something?" Alex asks.

"It seems that our creepy Atticus Finch spends a lot of time in the same social media circles as our Miss Baker." Wynn suggests, putting the information up on the DEO screens.

"So they know each other." concludes Kara.

"Not that I can see. They weren't directly connected on any social media that I can see. However she did post about her being arrested by you on one of the groups they share." Wynn explains further.

"And all the sudden he shows up to help?"

"Well that's not suspicious at all." declares Kara.

"Look into him will you?" asks Alex.

"As fast as my fingers will go."