Call of a Hero

A nervous man, Steven, is approaching the L Corp building. Steven is wearing a long coat despite the fact that everyone else around him isn't, and looking around as he gets close to the security barrier. The security guard sees him and stops him.

"Hey, can you stop for a second?"

Steven stops but gets angry at the security guard. He then opens up his coat to reveal a bomb.

"No, I can't." he declares.

*        *         *

Elsewhere, Kara's ears perk up suddenly as she hears something. Mon-El is still sitting across from her at the table.

"What is it?" asks Mon-El.

"I have to go." declares Kara as she stands up, leans over the table and kisses Mon-El.

"No rest for the heroes I guess?"

"It doesn't look like it." responds Kara.

*        *          *

Back at L-Corp, Steven is brandishing his bomb to the people on the main floor of the L Corp building. Many of the people on the floor are panicking.

"I wanna speak to Lena Luthor. You get her down here and no one will get hurt." insists Steven.

Just then, Alicia Baker dressed in a Supergirl costume, arrives on the scene.

"You don't have to do this." insists Alicia.

"Supergirl..." Steven says as he turns to her, "Wait, who are you?"

"I'm Supergirl." insists Alicia.

She starts walking towards Steven.

"Stay back, whoever you are." says Steven, brandishing the bomb on his chest.

Alicia does her best Supergirl impression, "Whatever it is, I'm sure we can talk about it."

"I need to talk to Lena Luthor." declares Steven.

The real Supergirl arrives on the scene finally and enters the building. She looks at Alicia in the Supergirl costume and Steven with confusion, "What's going on here?"

Alicia is excited to see Supergirl.

"I'm helping." insists Alicia and it's clear she believes she's doing that.

Again Supergirl looks at Steven and then back to Alicia, talking to Alicia, "Listen, I need you to stand back."

Supergirl starts slowly moving towards Steven but Alicia stops her.

"But, I can help."

"As much as I appreciate that, I want you to let me handle this." insists Supergirl.

"I..." starts Alicia.

"Please." pushes back Supergirl.

Alicia relents, "Okay."

Supergirl focuses on Steven.

"What's going on?" Supergirl says as she moves slowly closer to Steven, similarly to the way Alicia did, "It's okay, everything's going to be okay."

"No it's not." Steven says with an upset tone.

She continues to get closer to Steven while Alicia stays back.

Supergirl keeps her focus on Steven, "Whatever it is, it's not worth your life."

"It WAS my life. This company, it destroyed that."

"So build a new one." interjects Alicia.

This upsets Steven, "What?"

Supergirl turns to Alicia, "That's... that's not helping."

"If your life was destroyed, just build a new one." suggests Alicia, continuing to anger Steven.

"What are you talking about? My life is in shambles, I don't want to rebuild it, I want to end it." explains Steven.

"You don't want to do that. Just... just focus on me." says Supergirl, trying to regain control of the situation.

As Steven talks to himself, he begins to focus on the detonator in his hand more and more.

"What was I thinking? Lena Luthor was never going to talk to me. She's probably off somewhere on her private island, not even thinking about me. I'm worthless."

"You're not worthless."

"I should just..."

Steven puts his thumb on the trigger of the detonator to set it off. Supergirl runs with super speed to stop him. At super speed, she grabs the detonator from his hand, rips the bomb off his chest and then falls on top of the bomb, using her cape to cover it and to keep the explosion from spreading to the rest of the building with people in it. The bomb never goes off though. The bomb squad rushes in to help Supergirl.