Chapter 18

I looked up at their shocked faces. Analyzing them slowly, letting my words register in their minds.

"So you can breathe underwater?" Connor asked incredulously, with his signature cocked eyebrow.

"Yep, and before you ask, as long as I require the power, I can breathe for however long I need to," I spoke jumping the gun and answering his question, automatically knowing what he was about to ask. "Any other questions?"

"Why'd Mesogog take you?" Tommy asked curiously looking at me with such intensity. 

"I have no idea," I answered. "But as you know, I worked for Anton Mercer before you did, way before he became Mesogog. Maybe that's why. He knew he had a small connection with me, and he hoped that it would be enough to sway me over to his side. And when that didn't work, he began targeting my family."

"Wait..," Trent began bewildered. "You worked for my dad?"

"I knew I recognized that last name," I began with a slight smile. "I just couldn't remember where. Yes, I worked with your father. I left to pursue a better job for myself, and because of some issues between us. He began getting very erratic. Almost anything setting him off. To be honest, I didn't feel safe working with him anymore."

"What did he do?" Trent asked looking horrified.

"Nothing too bad, just began acting out, so to say, and he began getting super angry when things didn't work or didn't go his way. Some people may find that I went too far with leaving a high paying job, but I was doing what was best for me in the end," I explained trying to be as honest as I could for him, without painting a horrible picture.

Everybody was silent was, except for, you know, the sounds of the CyberSpace Cafe business, all the people bustling around, talking with their friends, just enjoying their time.

"Can you tell us more about your past as a Power Ranger?" Kira asked.

"I will, but maybe not in such a crowded place. Don't want anybody finding out our secret identities," I said, as I finished my drink. "How about we go to my house? Not only can I tell you about it, but I can also show you some of it.  And I can even introduce you to some of my old teammates."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is short, I plan to get something else up soon, but I have to go to bed for a class in the morning. Thank you for all the ones who have stuck with me even though it has been about half a year since I last updated. My dream of being an author is still going strong, and it won't ever stop. So this will be finished no matter how long it may take me. 

I wish I could give you all something for sticking with me, but all I can do is give you my thanks. Future chapters will be longer, whether it's a sentence longer or a paragraph long, it WILL BE LONGER.  So, as always... I will see you guys in the next chapter!!!

BUH-BYE!!!!