2. Under The Mistletoe-Changkyun

Y/N's POV

He really did left me. In this street, on Christmas.

He left me freezing in the streets while everyone is praising the above. He left me with nothing but pain. He didn't even explain.

As minutes pass by, I can't feel my fingers. Snowflakes starts to pile up on my lashed, and everything was just a blur.

My feet then tried to walk to the closest convenient store across the street. Hoping to earn warmthness inside this cold night.

'How ironic? When couples kiss under mistletoes, I would burn mine if I had the chance,' I thought to myself.

The bell rang as I opened the door. The cashier guy greeted me and I replied with a soft forced smile.

I took 3 huge cans of beer and put it in the counter. I then paid for it and soon enough, I found myself exploring my mind, laying down on my couch with one of those cans in my hand. Well, this is shitty.

I then sit up straight and put the beer down. I suddenly noticed the mistletoe he had put up this morning. It's a real one. I stood up and walk over to the mistletoe. My hands reached for it and pulled it off.

I walked back to the sofa with my free hand grabbing anything I can for support and sat down. Examining the piece of plant. 'Shit, it's actually real,' I thought to myself.

I then put down the plant and took the beer that I was drinking earlier. My eyes are still pinned to the mistletoes bright red fruit that's attached to it.

"Funny, I once read about mistletoes. They said that their fruit are poisonous. Aww, cute. Le's try one. I know, it's a stupid thing to do. But, I've got nothing to lose," I thought to myself.

My hands then reached for the plant and starts pulling one of it's fruit. My fingers played with it for a while before actually popping it in my mouth. I feel like Snow white but without the prince. I then layed down after having my last sip of the beer, hoping that the article is right about it being poisonous. And seconds afterseconds, the 'funny feeling' in my stomach started to grow and before I could do anything else, I couldn't afford to open my eyes.

Changkyun's POV

To be honest, I feel terrible leaving Y/N on Christmas eve. It feels wrong, leaving her, knowing she has no one.

I mean, I was her best friend and boyfriend, her parents are far away from Korea and she has no brothers or sisters.

After a few thoughts and doubts, I finally decided to call her and after a few tries she responds to none. I tried spamming her and it looks like I'm not blocked. She should've gotten my message by now and scolded me for being so annoying. Shit, what have I done?

I quickly got up from my sofa leaving my apartment and drove to hers. I walked out and walks to her door. I feel my heart pounding. I then took out my spare key and unlocks the door. There she lies, weakly on the couch.

"Y/N?" I called her name softly.

No response. SHIT, SHIT, what the fuck happened?

I then slowly approached her and noticed the beers and the mistletoe on the coffee table. The fuck did she do? I then crouched beside her and tried to wake her up. I tried shaking her softly, tickling her, calling out her name, and finally screamed out her name, but still, she didn't respond to any of those.

Small sobs then escaped my throat as I called an ambulance.

And until all of it happens, I just couldn't stop saying, "I'm so sorry."

--

A man with a white coat covering half of his body then walks in and told me everything. Like what's wrong with her? What might she do earlier? What was inside her?

And, God, it sounds terrible.

I then thanked him and walked outside to take care of the administration and files, I paid for the hospital bill and immediately walks back to Y/N's room. And there she lays, looking so peaceful with cables, IV lines, and a heart rate monitor surrounding her.

God, I hate seeing her like this. Her, who usually acts cheerful, who usually hugs me from behind, who usually ate a family sized chips for breakfast and calle it a day.

I then noticed that it's late. I pulled a chair beside her. I sat down and rested my head on the side of her. I didn't even bother to think about leaving her.

How could I? Today, I left her alone for like, what? 4 hours? And she nearly died.

I then closed my eyes and burried my head inside my arms. And soon, I drifted away to sleep.

Y/N's POV

I slowly opened my eyes as the familiar scent of medications and the beeping sounds filled the room. My eyes then travelled down to see a blonde haired Changkyun sleeping while holding one of your hands.

'He came back for me?' I thought to myself.

I sighed and stared beck to the ceiling.

He's just so confusing sometimes. I hate it, but, I love him.

Fuck, this just sounded so cheesy.

I then noticed that it's 2 in the morning. It's basically Christmas already. I then tried to sleep but failed. I sighed and finally decided to wait. At least, until he wake up.

--

He lifted up his head as he puts on his glasses on. His eyes are puffy, did he cry?

He then noticed that my eyes are wide opened and so he said, "Oh, Y/N, you're awake."

I then said, "Yeah, since 2."

"Oh, okay. So, are you ready to hear the actual news?" he asked.

"Shoot it out, I guess," I replied to him.

"Well, the doctor said that you were poisoned, but I'm not sure with what. And you have a digestion infection due to your 'crazy drinking' thing. And you're probably gonna have to stay here for a while. Just until-"

"You came back for me," I said to him softly.

"Yeah, I did," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

He stayed silent for a moment and stated, "I guess I realized that I was wrong to leave you. You're mine since the day your parents told me to take care of you a few minutes before their flight back. And I'm yours since the day you first told me you love me. Even when you mean as friends."

I stared blankly to the ceiling before finally looking back at him. And at that time, he stared at you with a meaningful looj in his eyes. Tears started forming in his eyes.

I stared in awe and said, "Aww, don't cry."

I then pulled his arms and him into a hug. He then tighten the hug. He then started to sob and I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry," he said as he tighten his arms around me. I froze at his sudden actions. Oh God, he basically just melted on me.

He then pulled away and wipe some tears away while still sniffling. Shit. He's so cute.

He then sat on the chair and asked, "Do you need anything at all?"

You smiled, "Can you like, call in the boys here? I'm gonna get bored for sure. And a McSpicy."

Changkyun chuckled and said, "Okay."

--

Word count: 1257 words.
A/N: So, hi again. Hope u have a great week. Ik sit's Monday, but, pls bare w mee..

Read this fic as a moodbooster I think. Idk what to say tbh 😂

Welp, thanku for reading, I hope u liked it. Leave votes and comments if u want to.. Feel free to give feedbacks, they're highly appreciated. Uwu. Buhbyee..