"What will your parents do when they find out you've bunked?" Joey asked as he led me down the walkway by river Thames.

"You know, I reckon if they find out it was with you they'd be fine with it." I told him.

He raised an eyebrow. "Does that put me in the good books with your parents?"

"You were in them from day one Joey." I smiled. 

"Really?" I nodded. "Well, that makes things a lot easier."

"What thing—"

I couldn't finish as Joeys lips crashed into mine. My eyes shot open but soon closed and I let myself get lost in the moment. His lips were soft and careful with every move,  making it perfect.

He parted and as I opened my eyes I was met by his smile. "Sorry,  was it to early? I couldn't help—"

I shook my head grabbing his face in my hands and pressing our lips together. "Not to early."

"Good." He grinned,  taking my hand as we walked to the train station. "Cause I don't think I could've waited any longer."

I smiled to myself. I felt so comfortable around Joey. Like I've known him for years. I felt like I could be myself and he wouldn't jusge me even though he was quite different to me.

Being around Joey just felt right.

~***~

"Today was nice." I told Joey as I got out his car.

"I'm glad you had fun." He smiled, opening my drivers door for me.

"I did. Thank you." I reassured.

"Well, if you're parents say anything, just give me a call and I'll be there to explain." He told me.

I laughed. "Okay, I will." I stood on my toes to give him a quick kiss before getting in my seat. "Bye Joey."

"Goodnight beautiful." He winked, shutting the door as I drove off.

"I'm home!" I announced,  as I got in the house.

"Well its about time." My mum said as I walked in the kitchen. "Because school had finished four hours ago. And that would be alright cause you could have practice or whatever,  except,  you didn't attend school today. Did you?"

There was honestly no point in lying. "I was with Joey."

My mums facial expression suddenly shifted from angry and disappointed, to calm and curious. "Oh really? Joey O'Connor?" I nodded. "Oh erm," she straightened up as I laughed internally. My mum was so two faced. "Where did you go?"

"He took me central." I told her.

"That is so cute! He's a keeper!" She grinned.

"But we're friends." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh really?"

"You weren't this happy when I was with Kyle." I pointed out.

My mum sighed. "Well do you blame me after everything he's done?"

"But you didn't know he'd do that."

"Hannah sweetheart, I loved you two together, you were a beautiful couple, but a mum has her instincts and deep inside I just knew he wasn't the one for you." She explained.

I raised my eyebrow. "Okay, whatever. I shouldn't have brought him up." I said. "Just know that me and Joey are only friends."

"If you say so." She laughed.

Was it really that obvious?