19. Carefree

Chapter Nineteen

It's been two days since the double date and the night with Kyle. He wasn't in school the next day and I couldn't help but care.  

That day Jade was in a really pissy mood and decided to take it out on me screaming that it was my fault that Kyle didn't love her, even though he clearly told me he did.

I hoped he'd be in today so I could talk to him about his PMSing girlfriend and tell him to sort their shit out so that she'd stop taking it out on me.

As I got out of bed I looked at the rain droplets racing down my window and sighed. I wasn't particularly a fan of rain. I had wavy hair which meant that as soon as a drop of rain touched my hair, the little baby hairs would curl up making a freakin afro!

I pulled on an oversized cream knitted jumper on top of my burgundy skinny jeans. Judging by the weather I guessed it would be cold so I fetched a black peak coat and black hunter wellies. Yes, I was going to school in wellies, your opinion is insignificant to my life.

"You're going to school in wellies?" My mum asked looking up from her cup of coffee as I came downstairs. 

"Yup." I nodded taking an apple.

"Remember when you said you don't want to stand out?" My dad reminded me.

I shrugged. "Oh well. Haters going to hate."

~***~

I walked into school (in my wellies) with all eyes on me probably after the previous row with Jade but also partially at my attire.

I ignored everyone and made my way to Casey who was at her locker. She greeted me with a hug.

"I'm in such a good today." She beamed.

"In contrast to everyone else." I commented looking at all the zombie look alike surrounding me.

"It's the rain." She dismissed closing her locker.

"Precisely." I nodded. "Now my locker." 

She linked are arms as we literally skipped down the corridor to my locker.

Kyle's P.O.V.

I leaned against the wall completely tuning out of what Matt was telling me. Instead, I concentrated on the pretty brown haired girl grinning as she skipped down the corridor, with her best friend.

She looked so carefree. The way she acted like a primary school girl as everyone looked at her as if she was some kind of weirdo.

I found myself smiling as I watched her so happy and carefree. But my smile disappeared when Archer appeared. I watched his arm snake around her waist as a weird feeling ran through my veins. I felt my muscles tense as he pulled her into a kiss. Jealousy? No that wasn't it. I was attracted to this girl, but I didn't LIKE her.