21. Meet My Mates

Chapter Twenty-One

I looked out the passenger window one more time. "I don't think I can do this Kyle."

You see, when Kyle said I'd meet his friends I thought more of a little gathering of 2 or 3 mates, maybe five, not a freakin beach party!

He chuckled. "They're not going to eat you."

I narrowed my eyes. "Haha. hilarious."

"Princess just come out." Kyle begged. When I didn't budge, he sighed. "You know what? You don't have a choice. "And with that he opened the passenger door and pulled me out of the car slamming the door and locking it so I couldn't escape.

I pushed him off me and leaned against the car. "Kyle seriously, these people won't like me."

He sighed, making his frustration obvious. "First you have to meet them."

"But Kyle—"

"Princess, I won't leave your side okay?"

"Promise?" I asked. 

"Promise." He winked. "Now are you coming or not?"

I sighed. "Fine." 

I pushed myself off the car and caught up with Kyle. He slung his hand around my shoulders and led me to one of the smaller groups of people. As we came closer they all focused their attention on us. On me.

"Kyle!" A blonde girl with ginger highlights exclaimed grinning and then screw facing me. "A new one?"

My eyes widened at the way she referred to me. As If I was an object.

Kyle shot her a glare and a got a sympathetic look from one of the other blonde girls and a dark haired boy.

"No need for that Kat." Kyle frowned. The girl shrugged and walked away.

"Ignore her. She can be a bitch." The other blonde girl smiled, reaching out her hand to shake mine. "Ellie." 

I took it gladly. "Hannah."

I could feel Kyle watching me. "Guys this is Hannah, a friend of mine." He announced. 

At that point everyone else from that small group shook my hand or hugged me and introduced themselves. The dark haired boy from earlier was Liam.

"So Hannah, are you and Kyle, like a thing?" Ellie asked.

I looked at her wide eyed before laughing. "No."

Kyle smirked. "She wishes we were."