46. Let's Bunk

Chapter Forty-Six

Two days later as soon as I woke up in the morning I was in a great mood. I knew that I wanted to see Joey that day, as Fridays were usually my only free day. Before even getting out of bed, I texted Joey.

To: Joey

You know how you told me to just let you know any time I wanted to hang out? I finish early today,  wanna do something? xx

After a quick trip to the bathroom I got a reply.

From: Joey

Is anything important happening at your school today? xx

To: Joey

No, why are you asking?  xx

From: Joey

How about we just bunk then? xx

I smiled to myself. Joey didn't seem like the type of guy that would bunk off school. But there's a first time for everything.

To: Joey

Sounds like a plan. I'll be outside my school in 20 minutes. xx

From: Joey

I'll be waiting ;) xx

I threw my phone in my bag before getting changed. If we were going to bunk I was going to dress up. I chose to go for a nice coral pink embellished blouse, with a pair of black skinny jeans and coral pink leather pumps. I straightened my hair, and I was ready.

"Well aren't you dressed up?" My mum commented as I walked past the kitchen. Shit. I just realised how suspicious this must've looked. "You don't even dress up like that when we go out."

"Yeah, erm, we have a... a.. a mass. Yes we have a mass at school today. Some thanksgiving mass thing and we were told to dress up." Lies. But my mum seemed to believe me.

"Thats sweet." She smiled. 

"Yeah. It is so I better get going. Don't wanna be late. Bye mum." I gave her a quick kiss on her cheek,  before rushing out my house.

Once I was at school,  I parked my car and looked around,  noticing a familiar car. As I walked to it, Joey got out and opened the passenger door for me like a true gentleman. Once we were both in, he kissed my cheek and smiled. 

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you Joey." I smiled back. "So where are we going?"

He grinned. "Central London. "

~***~