31. You Don't Know Anything

Chapter Thirty-One

Adjusting my eyes to the bright light was one of the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Who the fuck used such strong light bulbs?! I swear. They were giving me a head ache.

But suddenly I forgot about them as I realised I was in a hospital. A hospital. Not again. 

"Hello. I'm glad you're finally awake." My eyes focused on a petite black haired woman in her late twenties beaming at me, holding a clipboard. I guessed she was a nurse.

"How long have I been out?" I choked, the difficulty of speaking slightly surprising me.

"A few hours. It 8pm." She told me.

A few hours. Suddenly the events of earlier that day filled my head. The images of Kyle and Luke fighting. Luke's words floating through my ears. The feeling of not being able to breathe. The pain.

"I'll call your parents in." The nurse smiled scurrying out the room.

I lay on my bed, dreading the sound of my mother's voice.

"Hannah! Oh Hannah sweetheart!" I heard the clicking of heels as I twisted my head to look at my parents.

"Hi mum, hi dad." I chocked once again forgetting that I couldn't speak. "Help me up."

My mother quickly adjusted my pillows so I could sit up slightly. I got a closer look of my mum who was looking at me horrified.

"Hannah, baby you look—" She bit her lip. "Horrible."

I pursed my lips. From what I could remember from earlier that day, I could only imagine how bad I looked.

"What happened?  Who did this?" She whimpered taking hold of my hand.

I looked at her confused. "They didn't tell you?"

She shook her head. "Tell me darling!  Was it Derek again is he back?"

I gulped trying to hold back tears. "It was—He—"

My mum squeezed my hand slightly. "Sweetheart its okay, take your time."

Why was it so hard to tell my parents the truth?  Probably because Luke was the last person I'd expect to do something like that. I mean, I actually would expect it from Kyle more than Luke. In my eyes, Luke was harmless. He wouldn't hurt a fly. But he hurt me.

"Luke." I chocked. 

I watched my mums eyes widen as she opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. My dad placed his face in his hands and turned away and leaving the room.