17. Need a Ride?

Chapter Seventeen

I didn't like Kyle. I couldn't. Not even as friends. Even though I tried so many times to at least be on friendly terms, it proved to be impossible.

And yet I couldn't get over what Steph said last night. Most importantly what she did with Kyle last night.

Every time I thought of something else, it'd pop into my head. Why did I react like that?  I shouldn't care. It wasn't any of my business and let's face it, I didn't care about Jade. But hearing it from Steph hurt. In a way I couldn't explain. It was a new kind of pain which I couldn't figure out.

"Need a ride?"

My focus was taken back to reality while my head snapped in the direction of the voice.

I sighed in recognition. "I'm fine walking."

"Oh please princess, I insist."

"And I'll pass." I shrugged carrying on. "Plus you're on a motorbike."

I heard a chuckle. "So if it was a car, you'd let me give you a ride?" 

I gritted my teeth. "Why are you talking to me anyway?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Kyle asked. 

"Well, how are your knuckles?" I asked slyly.

"Couldn't be better." He grinned. 

I rolled my eyes knowing he wasn't going to give in. "How was Steph?" I stopped walking and turned to him wanting to see his reaction.

At the same time he cut the engine and furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, I see." I laughed subconsciously.

"What the hell are you on about?"

"So you're going to deny every proof of the quickie you had with Steph?" I asked. At that moment I realised something. I wanted him to say yes. I wanted him to deny it and for it to be a lie. But his answer couldn't be more opposite. 

"Oh that."

"Yes Kyle. That."

"That was nothing. I needed company, she was desperate. It happened. It meant nothing though." He shrugged. How could he act this way?

"You have a girlfriend!" I pointed out.

"Oh come on Hannah, you don't care for Jade!" He chuckled. "Why do you care? Are you jealous?"