The motel was one of those places where the rooms didn't connect into a hallway, but an outdoor shared balcony instead. They had chosen a room on the second floor, so Yoongi found himself taking a seat on the concrete floor, looking past the metal beams of the railing as he cast his eyes to the sky. The soft silvery glow of the moon illuminated his pale complexion, the stars in the sky reflecting against his eyes as he studied the constellations. 

He couldn't help but frown, letting out a sigh as his breath turned into a white plume in the coldness of the night. The moon was still drifting from earth's orbit... a few months ago he could probably hold a coin to the sky and it would fit the moon's shape, but now it was probably only the size of a rubber on the back of a lead pencil. 

He could tell the world was going to face an even worse global climate crisis soon enough. The moon controlled the tides which mix the warm and cooler tides, regulating the globe's climate. But Yoongi could tell that soon enough, the moon would slip out of orbit, and the earth would be left without its largest satellite. 

Eyes drifting over the sky he also noticed a few stars missing from constellations, other bright smudges of light showing that some stars had gone supernova and died a lot quicker then they were originally meant to.

Resting his head in the palm of his hand, Yoongi kept his eyes to the sky, "Can the entire universe really be saved by a mere seven people?" he furrowed his brows, turning his gaze to the moon, "Can I really pull the moon back into orbit?"

~*~

"Yoongi~" 

Yoongi felt a light shake of his shoulder, a soothing voice pulling him from his slumber. He squeezed his eyes before squinting them open, shielding his vision when the light of the sun flooded into his eyes. 

Letting out a grunt, Yoongi realised that he'd painfully fallen asleep outside, his back rested up against the brick wall whilst he'd sat against the concrete floor. 

His eyes flickered up to the person standing over him, a bright, sunny smile radiating from the male's face. With the sun rising behind him, Hoseok's flaming orange hair almost appeared to have a halo, the edges glowing in the golden light as he smiled. 

"Hoseok?" Yoongi uttered, voice slightly raspy from sleep. He rubbed at his eyes as Hoseok took a seat beside him against the ground, the both of them turning their gaze to the scene before them. Over the trees of the forest, the sun rose against the horizon, warm hues taking over the earth. 

Hoseok still shivered though, bringing his knees to his chest, "I can't believe you slept out here." he chuckled, his eyes still resting on the horizon, "If you can sleep out here, I suppose you'd have no troubles falling asleep anywhere."

Yoongi turned his gaze to the male beside him, watching as the warm rays of the sun illuminated Hoseok's honey toned skin. "I've always been a pro at falling asleep during university lectures." Yoongi smiled, letting out a short chuckle as he thought back to his classes, "But sleeping outside is an entirely different story." he muttered, straightening himself up, "My back's probably gonna hurt for a while."

Hoseok snickered, "Maybe Jin can rewind time and heal your back."

"That's basically an ultimate life hack." Yoongi laughed, breaking out into a smile, "I suppose he could help us live forever if we truely wanted too." 

"I suppose." Hoseok shrugged, watching as the golds of the sky gave way to the blue. He rubbed against the back of his neck, trailing a finger over his elemental symbol of the sun, "I've only noticed this recently... but the sun is growing weaker."

Yoongi rose a brow, "Is it getting colder?"

Letting out a troublesome sigh, Hoseok gave a nod, "Yeah, the globe's average temperature has dropped a few degrees... which is almost like an entire season." The pair fell into silence for a moment, both of them not speaking a word as they processed how awful the situation really was. But Hoseok being Hoseok decided to lighten up the dull mood, nudging Yoongi playfully against the shoulder as he gave a small chuckle, "Lucky you. You don't have to worry about the cold."

"And you don't have to worry about the heat." Yoongi replied

Hoseok smiled, "I guess not." he held out a hand towards Yoongi, "Is my body temperature weird though? Like is it hotter then most peoples?"

Hesitantly, Yoongi slipped his hand into Hoseok's. It was warm, comforting and soft. Yoongi wasn't one for touch, but Hoseok felt a little different. He shook his head, "You're warm."

Hoseok's eyes grew wide for a second before he regained his composure, "And you're not cold..." he replied. 

Both of them locked eyes, staring at one another for a moment before Hoseok began to snicker. 

And they both laughed. 

{Author Note}

{Author Note}

I'm finally back guys... and I've pre-written the next five chapters so I'm happy to say that there will be frequent updates for a while! This book is about to get real interesting ;))