XXII

Aurora knocked quietly first and then there was silence

Aurora knocked quietly first and then there was silence. The rest of the group remained hidden in the nearby trees of the forest with a listening ear as Aurora stood by the door. Realising that her knocking was too weak, she rose her hand to the door again, giving a louder knock on the door with a closed fist. 

The sound of shuffling came from inside, footsteps growing louder as the resident came to the door. The handle twisted slowly before the wooden door to the cottage creaked open in the slightest, a slack chain still locked against the doorframe preventing Aurora from further pushing it open and entering inside. She couldn't see who it was, only that inside was dark, shadowing the person's features. 

"What do you want." The male spoke bluntly, voice a little husky... underused almost. 

Aurora parted her lips, "I um-" she paused, words becoming jumbled in her mind as she tried to figure out the best way to go about this. So calming herself, she took in a breath of air, "My name is Aurora Lane. I've come all the way from Seoul and I was wondering if I could have a talk with you-"

"No." the male spoke bluntly, voice emotionless from the other side of the door.

"Huh?"

"I said no." he repeated, a faint scoff being heard as Aurora watched him begin to close the door. 

Her eyes were wide in disbelief, lips twisted into a frown as she stared at the closing door. There was no way the group had traveled this far to be greeted by the simple word of 'No.' So rolling her eyes, Aurora slammed a hand against the wooden door, pushing it open as far as she could before the chain stopped her from opening it any further. 

"Please it's urgent and I really need to-" 

"-Unless you wanna die, get the fuck off my property." he growled, voice low and intimidating as his hand emerged from the shadows of his house, grabbing a firm hold of the side of the door. 

Aurora couldn't help but frown at the sight of the male wearing gloves, so odd for someone living out in the country. The male had come forwards in the slightest, but his features were still too dark to be described. 

She gulped, taking a step back, "Please just let me..." 

She wasn't able to finish, words cut short by the sound of footsteps sounding from behind her. Spinning her head in the direction of the forest, Aurora's eyes went wide at the sight of Yoongi stomping towards her, fists curled by his side. 

Yoongi clenched his teeth, "okay tough guy," 

Shooting out from the forest behind him, Hoseok attempted to stop the male, "Yoongi don't-" 

"Deal with this." Yoongi spat, ignoring Hoseok's protests as he slipped a hand out from the pocket of his jeans, aiming it towards the door. As he stood firmly against the ground his hair began to float, marking of a crescent shaped moon behind his ear glowing in the slightest as he pushed a hand forwards.