XVIII

Time slowed to a stop, thousands of sparkling speckles of water floating mid air as even the weather halted in its tracks

Time slowed to a stop, thousands of sparkling speckles of water floating mid air as even the weather halted in its tracks. People froze against the side walks, a mass of umbrellas creating a canopy down the street. From the road came not a sound of a single engine, only the bright, blinding lights of headlights still beaming ahead whilst the cars failed to move. 

Yoongi swallowed thickly, turning his gaze left right and centre as he realised what Seokjin and Aurora had decided. Grinding his teeth together, Yoongi snapped his attention back over to the raven haired female, gaze frozen on his own. Taking a step forwards, he placed his hands firmly against her shoulders, "You owe me." he growled, voice low and husky, "big time." he spoke, only to be pulled away by Hoseok grabbing a tight hold of the male's t-shirt. 

"Now's not the time Yoongi." Hoseok spoke sternly, voice slightly lower then its usual cheerful tone, "We've got some Andromedans to fight." he muttered, cracking his knuckles before turning on his heels, heading down the street. 

From beside him, Yoongi caught up to his side, the both of them picking up their pace from a fast walk into a quick jog as they dodged past a sea of people, heading in the direction the hooded male had gone. Hoseok led upfront, ducking under people's umbrellas whilst simultaneously keeping his footing on the rain-washed street. From behind, Yoongi passed under people's umbrellas with ease, a perk of his shorter height. 

The pair sped down the busy street, thankful that the main road led on for quite a while so it was unlikely the hooded male took any turns elsewhere. The air was cold against their faces, small speckles of rain feeling like sharp stings against their skin as they sped through the wall of frozen water in front of them. 

"He's there!" Hoseok piped up, pointing a finger towards the single moving male in the distance. It was quite easy to spot him in a crowd of unmoving figures, clad in his soaked black hoodie and tightly fitted black jeans as he stood in the centre of the street. The unknown male wasn't running, no, but it seemed as though to Hoseok that the male was also unquestionably not phased by the frozen time. Despite the rain that hung mid air, and the birds that froze in the sky, getting closer Hoseok could see that the hooded male's face remained stern and expressionless. 

"Odd." Hoseok breathed under his breath, not loud enough for Yoongi to hear as the raven haired male caught up to his side, black boots splashing up water at his feet and soaking into the clad material of his jeans. 

The pair came to a standstill a couple of metres away from the male, the mass crowd protecting their cover as they remained hidden out of sight. Whilst they shrunk themselves behind the frozen crowds of people on the street, their gaze followed the hooded male with curiosity, watching as he stood centre street, kicking the water at his feet in boredom. 

Rolling his eyes, Yoongi let out a quiet scoff at the odd scene, all until a motion caught him from the corner of his eye. 

Sucking in a sharp breath of air, Yoongi snapped his head in the direction of an apartment veranda, two stories up. "oh crap," Yoongi gulped, heart picking up its pace against his chest as his eyes caught onto something he wished he'd never have to see again.