XIX

With his arms folded over his chest, Hoseok was first to exit the apartment building, strolling out the front entrance with Yoongi following closely behind

As if on cue, time had unfrozen itself, cars moving up and down the street, headlights on full beam, blinding the city goers jotting along the footpath, umbrellas overhead and eyes glued to their phones as they made their way home from work. 

"Dammit." Yoongi uttered under his breath, falling into stride alongside Hoseok as they walked down the rain-washed pavement. Yoongi found himself sauntering in the heavy rainfall, small pellets of water falling to his skin as the remainder of the drops quenched the scattered puddles decorating the cracks of the footpath. The headlights of cars illuminated his pale form as he hung his head low, shoving his hands into the pockets of his dampened jeans, shoulders slumped as he walked. 

From beside him, Hoseok hugged himself tightly, arms wrapped around his shivering form. There was a heaviness to his jumper, the water soaking into the thick material and making the male all the more cold. The rain fell in crazy chaotic drops, the gusty wind carrying them in wild vortices. It ran down Hoseok's face as a thin layer, dripping from his darkened and damp orange hair and rolling from his forehead down past his parted lips. 

"It's alright, we did our best." he spoke, arms beginning to noticeably tremble, "At least we know he can fend for himself." Hoseok commented, finding it reassuring that the blue haired male knew what he was in for. 

From beside him, Yoongi kept his hands shoved in his pockets, rivers of water drizzling over his exposed arms earning glances of concern from passers by. "Yeah, but this just makes things harder!" Yoongi exclaimed, finding the strength to lift his head to meet with Hoseok's gaze, "How the hell are we able to find him again? Yet alone keep him with us!" he shout, raven hair almost matted against his forehead in the heavy rain. 

Not only that, but the wet material of Yoongi's shirt was now clinging to his slender form, outlining the male's somewhat smaller build, frail almost it appeared to Hoseok as he momentarily scanned the male up and down. Unlike Yoongi, Hoseok was wearing a loosely fit jumper, but all it seemed to do was fail to keep the heat in and weigh him down instead. 

"We'll figure something out... lets just head back to Aurora in the meantime." Hoseok suggested, growing colder with each passing second, "She might be worried."

~*~

Waves of water washed over the pavement at Aurora's feet, creating a melancholic song. Waiting for both Hoseok and Yoongi to return, she stood there, her gaze burning across the city streets, staring into the crowd of passers by as she tried to spot the pair. 

Clutching her umbrella tightly in her grasp, Aurora knew that whilst only a second had passed for her, an eternity may've passed for them. So keeping her head held high, she patiently waited in the middle of the street, not caring when people rudely bumped shoulders with her or nudged her to the side without so much as an apology.