"Does it bother you, knowing that I've got a bit of a sleazy past?" I couldn't help the whine leaving my throat as I linked her the question, she seemed surprised by it. "Why should it? It was the past, we didn't know the other existed and none of us had any real claim to each other. Sure I get irritated if anyone looks a little too much or tries getting a little too handsy but that's now, the past is past for a reason." She murmured softly into my worried thoughts and it felt like a weight had been lifted from me suddenly. 

"So you're okay with it?" I sounded like a hopeful fool. "Yes Carrots, as long as you realize that it stays in the past. If any of them pop up again and try to lay a claim I can't guarantee I won't eliminate the competition immediately, but I really don't care that you have a so called 'sleazy past', for the record." She nudged me with her muzzle and I raced quick circles around her before nuzzling her back. She huffed at me, but her eyes were shining with humor, how had we ever gotten so lucky to meet her.

                                            Daniel

"I swear you are all children, are we going to get on this run or not, I was promised a race after all?!" Sid raised through the link as she checked Micah and sent a glance my way. I was geared up for the race and eager to go running with her again, and she seemed eager to race me too. "If this is the start, what route are we taking and where's the finish might be important." I linked slowly and her head bobbed in agreement. "We've tested speed already but how about we test endurance too, make this race of a run a bit longer than usual?" She linked back to all of our agreement, and soon enough the course was set, and a stream running through the territory would be our finish line.

 "Well what are we waiting for, race ya!" I linked as I took off darting past Sid into the trees, I heard soft growls and paws hitting the dirt in pursuit. I had barley gone a hundred yards when Sid materialized beside me keeping pace, I lost my stride for a moment and fell back a few steps before leveling up back to her side. "You know this is an endurance race right? Spend all your speed up at the beginning and you'll come dead last in the end." She linked the words effortlessly as she focused on the foliage in front of her. "I could say the same to you, you're going pretty quick yourself." I linked back with a huff.

 "This is nothing, remember I've got pent up energy on my side when you've all been training with the Alvalrado's all morning, really it's quite an unfair advantage." She wasn't wrong, she had energy to spare but none of us were total weaklings and even of I was exhausted we all were putting ourselves into this race with her. "Advantage or not we don't give up that easily, not on this race, and not on you." I linked her my thoughts and she sent a glance my way but did not falter. "I've noticed, but you forget, I NEVER give up." She replied happily and I rolled my eyes a bit, she never quit and that was one of the great many things I loved about her.

                                          Tucker

The banter between Sid and Daniel going out through the links was amusing but he couldn't see from the position we could. In a speed run they would have been long out of our sight by now but with endurance added in they were still in easy view of the rest of us lagging behind. From here I could see in Sidney's bunched hindquarters that she was holding back a lot more than she was letting on, her muscles were desperate for speed but she still kept pace with Daniel instead of charging ahead. "This conversation has been lovely but I'm going to let you enjoy your little lead for a bit before I rip it out from under you, back in a bit." Sid let out a link as she slowed her pace slightly until I was the one racing at her side, she was treating it like a leisurely jog.