Chapter 37

Sidney

The first day of the silly male wolves guarding me wasn't half bad considering it meant extra helping hands at work, and as long as they let me do my job without too much coddling I was okay with them. Bowen had directed Asher and Emmett to stay in order to keep 5 of the twelve strong pack around me at all times, Tucker had to go back and run Asher's shop. That first day of having the guys with me at the sanctuary and being ridiculously protective was actually pretty cute, even though I wasn't about to admit that to any of them. The second day was a little less cute since I had to fight them to let me have my alone time in the bathroom getting ready, especially after Colton and Tucker had slept on my floor in wolf form. 

I was however back to just Gavin and Beckett as my two guards at the sanctuary instead of the excessive 5, Beck was on high alert even though I told them Ian wouldn't attack the sanctuary like the others had, he preferred a more challenging hunt. The third day and their protective idioticness was no longer cute, and it was my day off so I couldn't focus on work to keep me calm. So here I was gritting my teeth as the males in front of me tried to plan out MY day for me, little did they know the tight grin on my face was put there by me imagining their untimely demise in the most evil of ways. "Alright enough! Jason can I go with you today and help out at your job?" I growled, right now he was the only one not arguing with the others and driving me mad.

 "Uh, I guess so..." He murmured as he looked to the others. "The daycare is in town so she'd be safer there with all the people, and Asher's shop is just down the road." Simon agreed. "Fine, it's settled then. I'm going to town with Jason and you idiots can stop worrying about me for the day and driving me insane. Sounds great to me, I'm going to my room to change, if anyone tries to follow I'll castrate him." I huffed as I headed back up the stairs, they'd be lucky if castration was the only thing I'd do to them at this point. When I went back downstairs Jason was alone in the living room waiting for me anxiously.

 "You know you guys should really stop freaking out so much, I'm a decent fighter myself and I can call for backup the same as any of you." I sighed out my annoyance. "Yeah but that doesn't stop us from worrying about you, you're important to all of us now Sid, so sorry but you're stuck with us. Not to mention that Bowen is the most worried, he's got us all tense and our orders are to have your back whether you like it or not." Jason replied. I guess I couldn't hate him for trying not to get on his alphas bad side, I still wasn't sure how I felt about being stuck with them though. 

We headed out in Jason's car to the daycare in town that he worked part time at, it was a pretty large brick building with playground equipment outside. "So if I'm helping out, what's my job going to be?" I hummed to him as he parked and we got out of the car. "Well let's introduce you to the kids first, then we'll figure out something for you to do." He chuckled softly, he made it sound like we were entering a battlefield or something. The moment he opened the door to the main part of the building my ears were bombarded by the sounds of kids crying, screaming and playing.

 I followed him past an empty playroom and into a sort of makeshift classroom where there were 10 kids all under the age of seven and their extremely exhausted looking caretaker who was holding one of the crying little ones. The moment she saw us she rushed right over with a look of pained relief on her face. "Jenny where's Molly?" Jason asked her, speaking a bit louder over all the noise around us. "She has the flu so my entire shift has been watching these tiny terrors alone! They have been running around in chaos and I can't get them to calm down." The girl Jenny seemed to have reached her breaking point as she turned to me.