Chapter 8

Sidney

The next morning Zach texted to inform me that he needed me to make a run to town for the sanctuary, giving me a budget to work with too. So I went about my usual morning routine but instead of heading straight to the sanctuary I turned towards town. Apparently I was supposed to be picking up a shipment of food for the animals and also finding a few enrichment items for their enclosures. I went to the hardware store and the pet shop in town to pick up some stuff for enrichment, then I picked up the food Zach had ordered for the sanctuary. 

The whole process took about two hours so I was eager to get heading for the sanctuary, that was when I saw the car on the side of the road. It was a blue 2002 Ford Taurus, a car I knew well enough and since it seemed to be having car trouble I decided to be a good Samaritan and pull over to help out. The moment I opened my car door I regretted pulling over, but I was already here and not about to tuck tail and run from a couple male wolves. "Bro I told you this car was a piece of s***, what's even wrong with it this time!?" The boy with the mouse grey hair shouted to the other. 

"Hey, it's a good car, she just has a few issues." The guy with bleached blond hair and electric blue eyes defended. "No it's a piece of junk that's falling apart." The first one retorted loudly, they still were too busy arguing to have noticed me. "Car troubles boys?" I called loud enough to get their attention as their eyes snapped towards me in surprise. "Hey, it's Black Fork girl." The bleach blond said with a frown. "Sidney Blake, yeah. Just because you idiotic jerks annoyed me yesterday doesn't mean I can't be nice, I am your new neighbor after all." I scoffed out softly as they both studied me.

 "Well I'm Daniel Jones and this is my idiot brother Jason, he's the owner of this scrap heap." The boy with mouse grey hair introduced himself and his brother, I noted the last name clicked with them being related to the pack beta. "If you want I can take a look at her, I have my tools in the back?" I voiced as I nodded to the trunk of my car. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Jason asked uncertainly. 

"I was a part time mechanic before I moved here, so I'd say I've got a pretty good idea what I'm doing." I snorted back at him as he shared a look with his brother. I could sense their wolves were about a mid dominance ranking, I wasn't fond of the strength emitting from them but I knew I was stronger so it wasn't too much of a problem. "I guess it couldn't hurt." Jason murmured out. I nodded back to him as I went to grab my tools from the trunk, it was time to get to work. 

                                    Daniel

She was fascinating this newcomer Sidney Blake, not only did she appear unfazed by any of us but she also knew her way around a car engine. Asher and Tucker were going to love that little tidbit, considering it wasn't everyday you got to meet a hot female mechanic. She currently was working with some gadget under the cars hood, and considering I didn't know much about the mechanic stuff I settled in to enjoy the view of her jean clad a** while she worked. "Okay try starting her now!" She called to Jason as he turned the key in the ignition, and the scrap heap miraculously sputtered to life. 

"It works!" Jason cheered. "For now, but you've got a bad starter so you need to get that fixed. I did a temporary fix on it but I don't have what I need to fix it up properly. If you want I can make sure you get to the nearest mechanic shop without getting stuck on the side of the road again?" Her question was posed with a look between the two of us. "One of our buddies owns a shop not that far from here, if you want to make sure we can get the trash heap there it would help." I sigh out and she nods, maybe Gavin had a point about the girl. Was letting her stick around really so bad?