Chapter 19

Sidney

I had been home a little over an hour and I still couldn't decide what to do about the boys dinner invitation. On one hand I loved the idea of delicious free food, on the other hand I really didn't want to have to kill anyone tonight. "Ugh, why must everything be so complicated!" I groaned as I slumped back into the couch, Tyson whined softly as he put his head in my lap. "What do you think I should do bud?" I sighed as I scratched at his ears. "I mean if I'm supposed to be getting along with them I should be the good neighbor and go over there right?" I frowned out as he cocked his head at me silently.

 "But then what if things turn sour and we end up in a full on battle, that would really ruin any good neighborly attempts." I groaned out as I stood and started to pace the room again. I knew I could handle myself in a fight but this pack of boys were probably the most tollerable I'd ever met so I wasn't thrilled about the thought of hurting any of them seriously. I glared over at the clock, they said dinner would be at 8 and it was 6:30 now, I had to make a choice at some point. I decided to go up and take a shower to help me calm down some, in hopes it would help me clear my mind enough to make a decision. 

By the time I was out and dressed I'd decided to suck it up and go, only to have my nerves sskyrocketing when I got into my car to head over a half hour early. "Relax it's not like you're going to your doom for crying out loud." I growled out. YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! "Great now I'm arguing with myself." I shook off my nerves as I started the car and headed for the boys turf. When I parked out front I exited my car and leaned against it, I couldn't turn back now. I was on their turf for the first time since they'd met my wolf, the first meeting was not going to be in an enclosed space. 

"Crazy girl! You made it!" Gav hurried outside to meet me, his eagerness and body language showed no signs of aggression, that small fact helped me relax ever so slightly. "Yeah Streaks, but I'd rather do introductions out here before we head inside. It might be safer for your house and everyone involved if I've got a bit more space to avoid possible conflicts." I murmured as Gavin nodded and called everyone else outside, my posture immediately tensed once more. This meeting was different, instead of my wolf wanting to tear into them for trespassing on our property I was feeling the familiar unease of being on territory that was not my own. I felt my wolf stirring beneath my skin, ever at the ready to defend against possible attacks. I sighed internally as I silently pushed her defiant aggression down, for now. 

All of the boys stood on the porch staring back at where I was leaning as casually as possible against my car, I wouldn't show them how on edge I was. I could see they were tense and more of them were posturing at me than they had on my turf which was something to watch out for, but considering the alpha boy was getting huffy I turned my focus on him. "Bowen." I nodded over to him slowly, he was the main one who decided if his pack turned against me or not and we all knew it. "Sidney." His low rumble was not the best sign as he stepped from the porch and came to meet me. 

The other boys stayed put and watched on silently as I straightened myself and stood as tall and proud as I could in his presence. Any wolf in their right mind knew that you were supposed to submit and/or show respect to an alpha when on their territory but my own stubborn pride and determination wouldn't allow that. I wanted him to know that I wasn't afraid, that I wasn't backing down, and that as far as power was concerned I was at the very least his equal match. I met his eyes as he stopped and stood in front of me, letting us both study each other wearily in the boys front yard. I could see he was fighting the control of his wolf by the flickering glint in his eyes, his wolf wanted to dominate me but the human knew better.