Chapter 30

Sidney

I woke early the next morning to a quiet house, the silly boys had expected me to obey the rules and stay put. I was quick to leave them a little note before sneaking out of the front door silently with my pets. I ran home in wolf form despite the still sore back but everything else seemed to have healed well enough. I made it back to my cottage in record time and headed up for a quick shower and change of clothes after dishing out my pets food. Once I was washed and ready to go I got to work on getting some things together for the upcoming spy mission as the boys had dubbed it. 

They might have the spy equipment but I had the secret weapon to make us almost unnoticeable to any other shifters in the area. I had been telling the truth about it taking practice to hide my scent to the extent I could now, I'd taught myself how to do it willfully without my special mixes. I had various mixtures that I'd made into sprays, salves and soaps to help cover my scent in times it was too strong for me to do entirely of my own free will. I worked to uncover my scent concealers and checked that they were still in proper stinky order, they weren't all pretty but they did mask the scent of the wolf. I was laying them all out to choose the best options when I got the text from Simon, it was both amusing and annoying.

*In case you were wondering TGD stands for The Good Doctor.*

T.G.D: Little wolf you are in so much trouble!

Me: Watch your text with me Doc, last I checked you're not my father and neither do you outrank me in any way, shape or form.

T.G.D: That might be the case but you are still not at fully healed capacity, what if the rogues attack again while you're injured? We all are worried about your safety right now, would you please come back until we know it's safe?

Me: First off even if they did attack me right now I'm still able to fight them off just fine in my condition, you're the ones that need looking after considering you don't know their tactics like I do. And second I just ran to the cottage to feed my fur babies and grab a few things, I was planning on heading back to your place in another hour or two.

T.G.D: Oh... Well be careful and we will see you soon.

I can't help rolling my eyes as I send a quick response back and turn back to my little stink bombs. There are some that smell sweeter and mask the slightest scents but I know those won't work for the guys, still I choose a spray for myself just in case. The other options range in their potency but with how strongly the boys wolf smell is I go with my top two options, a spray that is strong and only marginally nasty. The other is the strongest smelling one out of all of them, not to mention it comes in a salve form so the application process is not the most fun thing in the world. I load up all three into a bag before putting the others away, I've got what I need whether the boys like it or not. 

I make sure to leave extra food out for Sassy and crack open a few windows for her to go outside when she wants, making sure to bring food for Tyson and Ollie in my own little go bag I shift and head back towards the boys turf with my loveable mutts in tow. I shifted and changed back into some clothes once we had the packhouse in sight, I made sure none of them could see me changing to prevent troubles later. I grabbed my bags and strolled up to the door with a sharp whistle to let them know I was here, and a frowning Simon let me in as he side stepped my pooches. 

"Glad to see you made it back in one piece." Asher's tone was accusing and it had my hackles raising with all the scowls and/or pouts their group was giving me. "Don't take that tone with me Grease Monkey, last I checked none of you own me and you never will as long as I'm breathing. I am willingly agreeing to stick around, don't make me change my mind with your sour attitudes." I snapped back, that shut them right up. "Well we're glad you are here and safe, and sorry for any unintended disrespect." Colton soothed out, I was beginning to really REALLY like the respectful beta boy.