Chapter 94

Sidney

It had been three days since the boys had brought me back to their place and had sentenced me to bed arrest, and I was starting to go crazy. I mean sure I was allowed short trips to the bathroom across the hall with supervision but the guys were so clingy that I usually waited until one of the Alvalrado guys could take me instead. I was no longer wobbly when I walked but other than those short bathroom breaks I was not allowed out of my bed. They brought me my food, they gave me books to read when I wasn't resting and they talked to me about all sorts of things, but I was still more antsy than ever. My body felt fine now, no aches or wounds, my head was the determinating factor that kept me bed ridden however. 

I still had headaches that made me see spots at times if I turned my head too fast or tried focusing my mind too hard, which I'd been doing a lot of. I had been trying everything to get my memories back both for my own sanity and for the benefit of the idiotic males around me. It seemed so important to them that I remember, but I didn't understand why, no one would tell me anything outside of what I remembered and I couldn't remember anything past Ian challenging me. I could sense that there had been a weapon involved but everything was so fuzzy that I didn't know which I'd used, there was such a large selection in the pit to chose from. 

I hated it so much, not knowing what had happened and it didn't help that the boys kept bugging me, asking if I remembered anything at all, I was starting to think I should just make something up to please their curiosity. I had to admit they were really trying their best to make the bed rest thing easier for me but I still hated it, and the worst part of all, I couldn't shift. I was not allowed to shift until the headaches stopped according to Kasen and Simon, more preferably not until I got my memory back, in the worry that it might set back my recovery time, it was almost enough to make a girl cry. I tried to keep my mind busy though when I wasn't resting, eating or talking with them I let my mind wander to my own cottage and the three females staying there. 

When the Alvalrado guys told me of their success in the rescue mission it was a relief to know three of the four prisoners of that horrid place had been rescued. I didn't even want to think what they'd been planning for those four she wolves, especially the pup. I had wanted to meet them as soon as I knew of their existence but until these foolish boys realized I wasn't going to fall apart on them I wasn't allowed anywhere near the new females. I could understand their worries to a degree, meeting new wolves was always dangerous especially if they were to try challenging me, an act I would not tolerate on my own turf, or anywhere really. 

"What's on your mind little wolf?" Kairo broke off my train of thought and pulled my attention back to him. "Everything and nothing, I'm more curious as to what you've been fidgeting over the last twenty minutes?" It was me and him alone in the room with my pets since the others were busy and he'd been sneaking glances to the window every five seconds. "Mads is coming in today." He stated with another stare to the window, probably listening for the car carrying her and their pups to arrive. "Well good for you guys, you honestly lasted longer than I thought without her by your side, good to see your eager to have her back. I have to admit I'm a bit excited to see her and the pups myself, might be nice having someone a bit more fun around here." I taunted, the guys were all too busy coddling me to be entertaining anymore.

 It was silent for another five minutes until I finally heard the crunch of the tires pulling up outside and Kairo stood and started to pace the room. I could see he wanted to go to them but he was also on guard duty with me, an easy out and quick escape had me chuckling to myself. "Just go get your girl already fool, your pacing is making me dizzy, I'll behave myself." I hummed he didn't need more encouragement as he bolted out the door in a sprint and the devious smile split my lips, finally. "Nobody said I had to behave myself in the bed though." I snickered as I slowly and silently slung my legs over the side of the bed and made my way carefully into the hall and down the stair with my pets in tow.