Chapter Forty-Six

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes, running around.

"My dress!" I screeched. I didn't have my dress.

"At the estate, where we need to be going." Caroline informed me. I kept rushing around me room while Elena jumped into the shower. She dressed in a tracksuit, saying her dress was already there.

Caroline drove us over to the Lockwood residence where the pageant was being held this year. Elena and is sat in the back, both her and Caroline prepping me for some questions. I nodded, taking in all the information being given to me. as we got to the house, Carol greeted us from the front.

"Hi girls."

"Hi Mayor Lockwood." Elena and I said in unison. She smiled at us, directing us where to go so we could get changed. Racing upstairs, I ran into one of the rooms, before I stripped down into my bra and underwear. I changed into my dress, walking out, holding it to me, asking Elena to zip it up. She zipped it up before I turned back around, she cupped my chin and smiled. I saw a few tears come down her cheeks.

"You look beautiful."

I grinned. she hugged me before pulling away and wiping her eyes.

"Come, let me curl your hair."

An hour and a half later, Elena and I were both dressed and ready, I could feel my nerves kicking in. Kol had not responded which broke my heart. I still hadn't heard from him. I quickly pulled Elena to me.

"I haven't heard from Kol." I whispered.

"I promise you, when today is over, I will personally go and find him." she kissed the tip of my nose. I smiled, crunching my nose, feeling her lipstick sticking to it.

Elena and I took a few pictures together before she took some of me. I smiled, standing with one hand on my hip, the other lying flat against my side.

There was a knock on the door, Elena walked over, checking to see who it was. Jeremy poked his head in, smile on his face.

"You look.....wow." he smiled. I grinned.

"You have to say that." I rolled my eyes. he walked over to me, pulling me into a hug before he tilted my chin up.

"Mom and dad would have been proud." He beamed at me. Elena walked over, her hand on my shoulder, the other on Jeremy's.

"I agree........they would have been proud of both of you." She smiled.

"All of us." I amended.

"All of us." Jeremy pulled us both into him, the three of us hugging and then taking a few pictures. Jeremy pulled away, telling me to save him a dance later, I rolled my eyes but agreed. I waited in the room, feeling my nerves going into overdrive. I fidgeted with my hands, pacing backwards and forwards.

"It's time." Caroline smiled. I nodded, about to walk out. She stopped me for a second. "You look beautiful." She stroked a hand down my cheek. I smiled at her, following her to outside, where we will have to dance in front of the judges. 

The dancing and questionnaire finished and soon Miss Mystic Falls would be crowned. I sat down, enjoying being off the heels for a little while. Someone sat down next to me, I could feel immense power coming from them. my heart sped up in fear.

"No need to fear, Jordan. I am here as Caroline's date." Klaus informed me. I turned and gave him a small smile.

"Enjoying your evening?" I asked, making small talk. Usually I didn't want to spend any more then a few minutes alone with Klaus, but he has been rather pleasant.

"Indeed. I wanted to come over and say you look beautiful."

"Thank you." I bowed my head. He went to move away before I grabbed his arm, letting go quickly.

"I'm sorry.....have you heard from Kol?" Klaus gave me a sad smile.

"Afraid not. I will be sure to inform him of how beautiful you looked today." Klaus stood up before walking off. I sighed, looking down at my hands. Maybe I was just stupid for falling in love with someone who was a thousand-year-old vampire.

I heard the clinking of a glass and wiped my tear away quickly before putting a big smile onto my face. Stefan walked over to me, offering his arm and escorting me to where the other contestants were.

"You look beautiful today, Jordan."

I smiled, my heart breaking in my chest but finally, I was hearing it from other people that I looked beautiful.