Chapter Forty-Five

Damon and I waited until we received word from Caroline that she had Klaus entertained.

"Doesn't it seem odd that the rest of the originals aren't around?" I asked Damon.

"Missing your boyfriend?" Damon mocked. I usually would have scowled but I kept starring at the house.

"I'm serious, Damon. I haven't seen or heard from Rebekah or Elijah and not a thing from Kol since a week and a bit ago."

"I heard they were doing Klaus errands." Damon shrugged. I nodded; I wasn't sure if I truly believed that. Kol would have at least checked in by now, well I hoped he would anyway. Damon's phone beeped, he checked before turning to me with a smile.

"Ready baby Gilbert?" he asked.

I nodded, jumping out the car and marching toward the house. Damon grabbed my arm, yanking me back.

"Whoa there, super-girl, there could be hybrids lurking."

I rolled my eyes, hiding behind Damon as we entered the mansion. It seemed eerie and I felt a shiver run down my spine. my head whipped up as I heard footsteps. Damon sped over, pinning the person to the wall.

"Lockwood?"

I peered around to see Damon had Tyler pinned against the wall. I smiled, walking up to him.

"Hey Tyler.......let him go." I hissed at Damon before smiling back at Tyler. Damon rolled his eyes before letting Tyler go.

Tyler coughed before he smiled at me.

"Hey Jords, good to see you."

"Likewise...."

"Yeah, yeah, cut the chit chat. What are you doing here Lockwood?" Damon asked annoyedly. I frowned at him. I turned to see Tyler roll his eyes.

"Well, heard about Elena and decided to swing by." He shrugged.

"Swing by?" Damon asked, wanting to know what Tyler meant.

"Make sure Klaus wasn't keeping her prisoner." Tyler gave Damon a look before turning to me. "You shouldn't be here.....it's dangerous." Tyler looked at me worriedly.

"I know but she is my sister Ty. I can't leave her."

"Alright, what's the plan?"

Before Damon could insult and exclude Tyler, I told him what I planned to do.

"Well, I will keep the hybrids away." Tyler promised.

"Let's give this a go." I smiled.

I tried to siphon the curse from Elena, I could feel magic flowing through me until she cried out in pain. I let go.

"I can handle it." she said through gritted teeth. I shook my head.

"No, we can take a break.....right?" I turned to Damon. He shrugged.

"I'm not getting in between you Gilberts....... been there, done that." I scowled.

"Jordan.....please try....." she breathed in and out hard and I looked at her. her brown eyes were warm, and she smiled at me. nodding at me.

"One last time and we try this again tomorrow."

She nodded, I tried again, this time blocking out her cries of pain. I kept going until I heard silence. I cracked an eye open; Elena was slumped over. I touched her face; she didn't move, and I sighed. I had failed, I looked at Damon who walked over, picking Elena up and gently placing her on the bed.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, looking down at my hands.

"You tried." He sighed. I saw his shoes under my hands, craning my neck up. he offered me his hand.

"Let's get you home. Tomorrow is another day."

I had tried a few more times, getting frustrated each time. I was waiting for Elena to wake up when I looked to see Damon's neck snap. I gasped as Klaus walked in. eyes narrowed.

"What is the meaning of this?" he hissed, stepping closer to me.

"We are trying to help her." I blurted out.

"How so?" he stopped, looking a little amused by the idea. I sighed; it was time to come clean to Klaus.

"I can siphon magic." I shrugged.

"Show me." Klaus said after a few long seconds of silence. He watched as Elena and I tried again, for me to siphon out the curse. I could feel this darkness and as I tried to grab it, Elena would die. I groaned a little frustrated.

"Easy there, love." Klaus's voice was gentle. I looked up at him. he cocked his head to the side. "You need to rest; shall we try this again tomorrow?" he asked. I nodded, he walked me out the room, a hybrid picking Damon and throwing him over his shoulder. We waited for him to come too in the living room.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Rebekah is trying to track leads down for the cure, my dear baby sister wishes to be mortal. Elijah has not spoken to us in over a month. Kol is out, my best guess would be doing what Kol always does."

"What's that?" I asked, feeling like I was walking into a trap. Klaus smirked.

"Murdering innocents and indulging in women." He smirked. Before I could reply, Damon shot up, eyes narrowing as he spied Klaus. He was in front of me, protectively. I could feel my heart breaking in my chest.

"We should go." I said quickly standing up.

"Jordan?" Damon caught the look on my face before I forced a smile to Klaus, nodding my head. I had to focus on Elena right now. She was my main priority.