Chapter Eight

After watching our episode, I had messaged a friend to meet me at the Grill for lunch. Jeremy had told me had had something he had to do and if I wanted to know he would tell me. I shook my head. It would be something to do with wanting to kill Klaus and his family. I checked my phone as I walked into the Grill. I rolled my eyes spotting Rebekah hanging off the bar, pinning for Matt's attention. I felt for her. Matt was one of the decent ones and I too had a crush on him a long time ago. He was sweet, kind and loyal.

Sitting down at one of the tables, I flicked my eyes up when Rebekah sat down opposite me.

"I'm meeting someone." I told her.

"I know....I already compelled her that you had a family emergency. Now you are meeting me."

I went to stand when I felt her hand wrap around my wrist, the good one. My heart sped up when I looked down at where her hand circled mine.

"Sorry.....reflex....." She muttered. She let go and then cleared her throat. "Please sit down. I don't want to be alone." I gave her a once over and decided that it would be ok. Elijah had told that he told his family that I was not allowed to be killed.

"Are you going to ask me the grand plan?" I asked her pointedly.

"Nope." She shook her long blonde hair and I narrowed my eyes at her. She had to be wanting information which is why she cornered me here. "I wish to share a meal and.....I could use some....help." She mumbled.

My eyes widened slightly at her asking. She looked vulnerable and I knew she wasn't acting, because I had seen her act like it many many times. Her eyes flicked over to the table away from us as Matt was clearing it off. He looked over at us, watching me closely.

"I see, maybe we shouldn't do THAT here though."

"You're right."

Matt walked over, serving us sodas. He mouthed me a question and I just rolled my eyes as an answer. Rebekah had only tried to kill me once and that was because she had mistaken me for Elena when Jeremy and I were walking home.

"I see your hand is broken." She commented.

I looked down at it before shrugging.

"Do you Mikaelson's not inform each other on your torturing schemes?" I asked.

"Not exactly, tends to cause more problems." She answered with a smile.

I felt my lips tug up into a smile.

"I'm sorry though." She suddenly cut into my thoughts. I blinked when looking at her.

"For?" I asked.

"Kol. He is impulsive and irrational."

"He apologised."

"I know.....I snapped his neck when he came home." She shrugged.

My eyes widened and she smiled at me.

"I may despise your sister, but I do not despise you. You remind me of myself when I was younger, and I wish to be like that once more." She admitted.

I nodded. 

After we finished, Rebekah offered to walk with me while I headed to the second-hand bookstore.

"So, have you asked him out?" I asked, skimming through the titles.

"Yes, but he refuses me."

"His loss...." I shrugged, before grabbing a book that caught my eye. It was a copy of Jane Eyre, I opened the cover and smiled reading the inscription in the front.